1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hulu Movie] Prey - Predator prequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 16, 2022.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Hulu has premiered the first trailer for “Prey,” the Dan Trachtenberg-directed new entry in the “Predator” franchise.

Set in the Comanche Nation three centuries ago, the story follows young woman Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior. She has been raised in the shadow of some of the most legendary hunters who roam the Great Plains.

When danger threatens her camp, she sets out to protect her people. The prey she stalks, and ultimately confronts, turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator with a technically advanced arsenal, resulting in a vicious and terrifying showdown between the two adversaries.

The film features a cast comprised almost entirely of Native and First Nation’s talent including Amber Midthunder, Dakota Beavers, Stormee Kipp, Michelle Thrush and Julian Black Antelope. Patrick Aison penned the script while John Davis and Jhane Myers produce.

“Prey” will release on Hulu on August 5th.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/teaser-trailer-new-predator-film-prey/

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I may have to finally break down and get Hulu.

@jiggyfly , you were right. Hulu isn't going anywhere.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

???

Don't remember this conversation, but right as usual. :D

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Cool! Hope they do the Comanche justice, being that they were the greatest cavalry fighters in history along with the Mongols and Huns.

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

Holy crap, guess I'm getting hulu! Love the predator 1 and 2. Predators and alien vs predator was not great.

Slyonebluejay and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Please don't **** it up....

Slyonebluejay and Xerobull like this.
  7. VanityHalfBlack

Wait a sec? It's a made for tv movie? Oh man you know its going to suck. I thought it be a miniseries or some ****, ****!!

Jontro, Salvy and Xerobull like this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Not that this looks bad or anything, but it says a lot about the first two movies that people care in the slightest.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm rooting for the Predator to beat the humans

10. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I to comment, your avatar is absolutely the best.

Jontro and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Very cool universe with enough mystery to drop a story in basically any time period.

Hell the Aliens could abduct batman and it still makes sense.

Although, I mean really, are natives with Bows and Arrows really a worthwhile foe?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

Were guns and a military...? It took Arnold doing some basic ass hunting in the end.

Jontro likes this.
  13. larsv8

That was an entire platoon with automatic weapons, grenades, chain guns and ****!

1 v 7 with advanced tech, but still trained military.

Now some hunters with wooden weapons?!

[​IMG]

14. donkeypunch

Yeah, and how did they fair?

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

If Chris Pratt is not in it I'm not watching....

Jontro, Xerobull and tinman like this.
  16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Looking at that cast…..are those Native American stage names?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dutch only beat him when he lost all his tech and resorted to Hunter Gatherer trapping methods. The mud resembled his advantage being in tune with the earth and using it to his advantage.

This is the first I’ve heard of this series. Looks well shot based on the teaser but man this world has really been bastardized since Predator 2.

jiggyfly, Jontro and plutoblue11 like this.
  18. larsv8

I get that they ultimately won without weapons...but I am more speaking on the predators choice of combatant.

Predator 1 chose to drop into a jungle with a heavily armed para military group.

Predator 2 in a heavily gang infested urban environment (Automatic weapons, etc.)

AVP - Released numerous aliens against a pack of predators.

Predators faced off against another group of well armed military / violent individuals on a fake planet.

Predator 2 passed on killing a pregnant woman, predators put down his laser and stealth and engaged in a sword duel with a Yakuza. There is clearly some honor in the hunt here.

I just see this teaser and see a couple of primitives with wooden weapons, and the predator is going to use freaking laser weapons against them...I mean come on....what is the honor there. Maybe I could buy it if it were like a hardcore pack of Apache warriors with muskets, etc.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah it’s established aka the one and only Busey that they hunt the lion of the jungle. So I guess we have to wait and see if in this era who is considered the ultimate bada$$. A little primitive kid with a bow and arrow certainly doesn’t strike me as an apex predator but we’ll see. Maybe this story is more of a origin story and shows how their species develops their code. Who knows at this point but after half a$$ sequel after half a$$ sequel hopefully they put some thought and effort into this.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Solid Trailer. But not sure where they can go with it. It would be interesting to me if the Predator slaughtered the kids family and tribe, but somehow the kid survived on instinct and was able to follow the predator back to their homeland by stowing away and then devised a plan to start wiping their ass out on their own planet.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.