1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hulu] Catch-22

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, May 20, 2019.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I never read the book, but I thought this mini-series was amazing. One of the best things I've see on Hulu/Netflix in a long time; really worth the watch. Anyone else catch this?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I love the book and was really intrigued they made a show. But, I don't have Hulu, so I haven't seen it.

3. Buck Turgidson

This, one of my favorite books. I thought the movie with Alan Arkin was just ok, so I'd love to watch this someday, somehow.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I read the book and it was terrific. The Alan Arkin movie was a disorganized, incoherent mess. I looked at the Hulu trailer and decided to pass. This may well be one of those books that do not translate to the big screen.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

That movie had some great individual scenes, but yeah.

6. dmoneybangbang

Good first episode, will keep watching.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Love the book, but haven't read it in forever. Series has mixed reviews, but I mean, how could it not? This is not exactly a ready-made TV show. I've been meaning to revisit the book for some time (never did finish the sequel), so I see no reason not to give this a try.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Obviously to each their own and you can’t just keep adding more and more paid streaming services... but imo there’s enough decent stuff on Hulu to make it worth it.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I might drop Netflix and pick up Hulu for awhile. Been feeling like anything I thought interesting on Netflix I've already seen. But the current plan is to just not turn on the tv at all for awhile and engage in some more worthwhile hobby yet to be determined.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Can't fault that, lol.

As I am now old with lots of children and so tired all the time, my hobbies have changed to boring old people things. We like gardening and landscaping, birding, photography and symphony and similar live entertainment. Went to the symphony on Saturday, and was not sober (not alcohol if you get my drift), and it's just an amazing experience - and they weren't even "the best" or anything like that. Very very solid, big city symphony.

But still enough time for some shows here or there. Completely agree regarding Netflix. Typically watching things not on Netflix now. BBC America is a good one to catch some different shows. At a minimum, if you haven't seen Killing Eve, you need to get right on that - probably the best show that came out last year, imo.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I loved season 1. Knocked it out over the weekend.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I liked it a lot. The setting, the planes, the realism, and the performances really worked imo. I thought the casting was great. And, the premise was a good one. It's hard to see a season 2 based around the same character and premise...but I guess it is possible.