1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(Huge comeback video) Brandon Roy is Brandon Roy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Apr 24, 2011.

1. AB423

AB423 Member

I don't see why not..

2. spysta

spysta Member

This is the thing with BROY

I dont know if its just me but it does not look like he is moving fast at all but he is going right past his defender. How is this possible? When DRose or Lebron does you can clearly see the speed but with broy its almost like he is just skipping by them with ease. And its not just since the injuries, ive always noticed that.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the same thing?

3. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Durant is nowhere near as clutch as Roy. I don't even think he's the most clutch player on his own team.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

its cuz Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd were guarding him...they are old too.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

roy will have flashbacks every 3-4 games when his body feels good. but to do this every game, no chance. if that was the case, he would be starting.

all they need to do is keep it close and let roy close out games.

game 5 is huge for the mavs. if they lose that, it's over.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He carries the ball...but he does have some good (legal) handles here and there too, especially when he goes forward and then brings it back. Put that together and it's going to be tough to stay in front of him, unless you give him more space, which means giving him the shot.

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Yeah, you're right, he's not using speed to get by his man. The really crafty guards don't need to use outright speed to penetrate. A lot of it has to do with hesitation moves, changes of speed, and misdirection. If you've got a good jump shot, they have to respect it and any feint forces the defender to commit. Once they do that, you can drive past and get separation. Steve Nash does that really well too.

8. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The Mavs got destroyed in the 4Q last night, no pun.

1 person likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Man is that guy fun to watch, I hope his injury gets better, I'd love to see more performances like this...

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

Ya totally, they should just aBrandon ship

3 people like this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That was so horrible that I started laughing. Hahaha.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm reppin' that. I had to say it out loud to even get the joke.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I always thought in his prime, he was the top 2 hardest guy to guard one on one.

I mean in 2009, he schooled Artest, Battier and Ariza, especially during crunch time. All those were top 5 perimeter defenders in the league at the time.

His hesitation/blowby move was really hard to stop.

14. HombreDeHierro

yesterday was just 1/5 days of the week where his knee feels good.

15. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Ariza wasn't on that team, but Roy destroyed Artest, Battier, and Yao (who was guarding the middle) that year. He had a ridiculous PER, something like a 28 in that series.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No I'm talkin about December 2009, when BRoy schooled Ariza at the end to seal the win.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Myzm72nP6fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

lots of players palm the ball in the nba
    it's either to the ref to call it or not

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It was a phenomenal ending but remember, this guy will play bone on bone for the rest of his carrer.

Damn, he is only 26 and his best days should be ahead, not behind him. This only shows what could have been and what a talent he is. He can still play like that but he was able to play that way EVERY NIGHT before the injury. Now, he can do something this type but only once in a while. He will probably have much more bad nights which is sad, cause you feel bad for the guy and for the Blazers

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not to the degree that he does and as often. I get it's on refs, but the point is it gives him an advantage by faking out the opponent and that's one of the reasons why his moves are effective, even now that hes lost a lot of explosion.

20. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

glad to see him playing well. hopefully he can stay at it for a while. those injuries were sad.