1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Huge comeback video) Brandon Roy is Brandon Roy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Apr 24, 2011.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGgFySE-x4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy that he's 26, and should be entering his prime, but we may have seen the best of him. I hope he gets it sorted out, because he is a special player to watch.

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Fernandez looks pissed off

4. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

impressive. roy doesn't have the physical tools of the likes of leron or wade. it's all skills. he's really a special player. too bad injury ruined a special career.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Mavs being Mavs

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He did have physical tools though back when he was healthy. Last time I checked, a quick first step, a 40.5 inch vertical and ability to absorb contact and finish plays are all physical tools. He used every one of those, in combination with his skills, to perform at the level that he did when he was healthy.

7. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i stand correct. roy has nowhere near as physically gifted as lebron or wade. imo, he's just above average athleticism among nba wing players, not to mention his alligator arms. and i really don't see he's got a 40.5 inch vertical.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Gotta love watching the Mavs fail.

9. VBG

VBG Member

10. VBG

VBG Member

Sorry-

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2YneamUqN1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. blackistan

blackistan Member

epic performance don't know if he'll be able to continue this

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt it.

13. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

hahaha...next, Cuban complaining about refs and getting a big fine...

Mavs being Mavs...Losers always have excuses for losing...ie. Morey!

14. what

what Member

Brandon Roy, preinjury was the clutchest player on the planet, and unlike the durants and roses of the world he actually deserved that label.

I hope that he can deal with the injury and comeback to play the type of game we are used to seeing from him. It would be a shame to lose this type of talent to an injury.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Durant and Rose don't deserve that label?

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

If he learns to play the same style as Kobe does now, he'll be more than a useful player. He's already clutch, now he just needs to work on a killer jumper. His ballhandling is already ridiculous based on the number of crossovers I've seen him attempt even without his knees.

I know Kobe Bryant still has his athleticism but for the majority of the game he doesn't cut or drive too much relying on it, and I think Roy should do the same

17. amaru

amaru Member

Great to see the guy have a flashback night and pull the victory out for his team.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

If Brandon Roy plays off that confidence in the rest of the series, he'll be hard to stop.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I haven't seen him much since he came back...completely different player. He hit some impressive shots, but he's palming the ball an awful lot.

Great crowd in portland as always, especially considering theyre not a contender and it's the first round.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Watching the Mavs fail is one of the best things about bball. It never gets old. I hope they choke the whole series away.