1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HTML help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ollie, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Ollie

Ollie Member

I know you can change the color of your text with a tag, but can you make it match the color of your background, but not by matching the numbers? In other words, is there a tag to tell the text "be the same color as the background color" ?

2. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Why would you want to have the text be the same as your background?

Yes there is a way, I'm sure (I'm not a programming genius), but I would just use the numbers if it were me.

3. fatman510

fatman510 Member

You could probably do it some way with CSS...I dont know how though

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Are you trying to hide text from visitors but have it there to be spidered by search engines? I know that this was pretty common at one time, but be careful because engines like Google are looking for that now.

If you want to match the background color, you'd really just have to define the text in a style class that matches the background color on the page, which you can also define in a style tag.

Put this code in the head section of your page for white text on a white background. Replace the ... before the first and last lines of code with a <. Unfortunately, I don't know how to put code on the BBS without those things because it treats it like actual HTML code. :)

...style type="text/css">
    body {
    background-color: #fff;
    }
    .blanktext {
    color: #fff;
    }
    .../style>

Then, for the text, use the following code:

...div class="blanktext">This is where all your text would go..../div>

If you need multiple paragraphs of text, you can also use:

...p class="blanktext">This is where the text goes..../p>

but, if you do that, you need to include that first p class="blanktext" tag at the beginning of each new paragraph.

Hope that helps.