1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HPD Officer One of Capital Rioters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I hire contractors for projects from time to time. One guy I swear was one of the redneckiest rednecks I've ever met. He did great work, but I later find out he's undocumented because some projects needed the paperwork. Blew my mind. I thought he was a native Texan.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hence are the real human issues regarding deporting illegal alien kids that grew up in America, but born elsewhere -- aka Dreamers. These kids, now likely adults, are as American as they come. It's immoral to deport them to a place they know nothing about. The Biden administration has to find a final solution for them.

mdrowe00 and Kim like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It says more about the flaws of communism that it leads it leads so many people to what they believe is the polar opposite

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think most everyone likes the DACA program. Also, "final solution" does not have a postive connotation, lol.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't know much about the Cuban Communist revolution, but the Vietnamese Civil War was complicated AF.

6. Buck Turgidson

Just stop it. You have no idea what you are talking about.

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In terms of Vietnam I was actually thinking about the brutality

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When you act like a know it ads tell us what I'm wrong about oh Vietnamese friend

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

It doesn't really matter if he is or not HE SHOULD BE FIRED for his actions at the Capitol.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is resigning but when talking about firing police officers you have to remember they belong to strong unions.

11. biina

biina Member

That is one union I wouldnt mind seeing the end of.

12. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Vietnamese American MAGAs:
    • Super insular (older generation and their families) and
    • Youtube / Vietnamese Radio / Vietnamese TV are loaded with conspiracy theories and regurgitate the worst stuff from Fox and Newsmax (there is even some evidence that content is being sourced from Vietnam to spread throughout these networks)
    • They hate China, think GOP means a strong executive and military (never forgave Johnson for pulling out of Vietnam and think that with more American troops, they wouldn't have 'lost' their country) and hate taxes, so they have an affiliation for conservative policies
    • They don't understand how African-Americans are set back by American history and institutions and generally are discreet racists; BLM is scary to them
    • They use the cover of "we made it in American through hard work", not squaring away the fact that they operate restaurants, nail salons, hair salons, flower shops and mainly all cash businesses that circumvent taxes and they have the benefit of being the model minority
    • They fetishize law enforcement and often discriminate even among themselves
    (I'm Vietnamese-American and grew up with these folks in Houston).

jiggyfly, Yung-T, Dgn1 and 5 others like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Are these local houston Vietnamese radio and tv?

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

As far as I know, 950 tries to be apolitical. I also know a few other stations are owned by product companies or service businesses, so it's a little bit of imported programming mixed with infomercials.

15. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Some are based out of Orange County, CA.

Here's an example Youtube watch history from someone I know. That first video roughly translates to "More than 100 Congressman will help Trump overcome Jan 6, China to taste bitter fruit of Trump's year."

[​IMG]

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Very good post. All true.

17. Buck Turgidson

Exactly.

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

he is rarely right but never lacking in conviction

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...nobody's ever heard of a conspiracy theorist getting tired of conspiracy theorizing.;)

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member