1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad Owners Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

web, streaming, maybe a phone call or two. Oh and some games maybe.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Interactive face for my homemade fleshlight doll.

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

dude, u got 1 too? want to trade our dolls for a few days?

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

5. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Thanks for the good pointers. Extra points if you

6. SunsRocketsfan

i already have two ipad 2's between my self and my gf. I have 3 touchpads coming if the order goes through. If anyone is local in San Diego I'll sell two at cost if you pick it up. Not going to deal with shipping. The 3rd one is going to be a gift for my mom. Heh well that is if the order even ships. :)

For those of you using the touchpad. How does it compare to the ipad or andriod tablets like the samsung?

It does support flash but i heard it was really slow? Can someone confirm? I might keep an extra one if it supports flash and works decent. Can anyone confirm if NBA League pass works through the web app??

7. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I honestly don't expect much android development until Ice Cream hits which would be better imo.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm unsure of your exact question, but judging from what you posted, I'm gonna assume this link will help.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-tou...e-touchpad.html?referrerid=470822#post3045452

that explains how to open webosquickinstall with the correct java binary.

Sunsrocketsfan

it is a little sluggish prior to updating to 3.0.2, no issues afterwards.
    the browser functions just as quickly as my computer's browser. I haven't used NBA Lp since I have only had it for two weeks(and I don't have nbalp) but I assume if all you need is a browser to watch it, then you should be fine

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

bump.

for the folks that purchased, update that includes document editing is supposedly coming out this week. info from @richardkerris on twitter and other tech sites.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Hey Omega, what are the office app options out of the box here?

Update server is getting hammered, but finally got though. It's installing now thankfully.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Update on your orders? I've got a friend in San Diego right now.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Rightnow the Touchstone Charging Dock and Wireless Keyboards are half off at BB. Wouldn't mind picking them up, but $40 is still more than I want to pay for the Touchstone.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

it comes with Quickoffice oob, but the editing ability hasnt been enabled yet.
    the developer of Quickoffice tweeted yesterday that the next update will enable editing office documents, it is expected this week.

14. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Does anyone want to buy some accessories from Best Buy?

I want to buy the case and maybe the Zagg, but that's about it. If I get 3 or 4 products, I could get 15 -20 % off.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was like me and we could just go split the accessories.

15. Nero

Nero Member

Which BB did you just pick the 32GB from?

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I was at the Galleria one. I'm sure they are out. They had 180 this morning and there were well over 300 ppl there.

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Hulu blocked touchpads from accessing the site. No Netflix, no Hulu, no iTunes rentals, HP Movie Store sucks... certainly the media value of this tablet isn't where I'd like it to be. But still... $100.

Anyone got any info on cases? I bet everyone is out of the official case, but has anyone else found any good ones?

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Does it work with Amazon Prime movies?

Office Depot cases are still in stock for 20 bucks. Half price but in store only.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hey, leave me out of this. I just got a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 to go with my iPad. :) It came packaged with my new TV.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I highly recommend the official case, it fits perfectly and feels solid enough so that if I dropped it I'm confident it would protect it.

it also doubles as a stand.

as for the streaming issue, it is so popular it won't take long for there to be a homebrew solution. Homebrew devs are still working on touchpad apps.