1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad Owners Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You can use SuperOneClick to root the Samsung Infuse. I used ADB to do it to a friend's co worker, I highly recommend it. You can also now use http://revolutionary.io to root a number of device.

Right now, some of the devs at XDA are taking a good look at this hardware to see how Android is going to run on the touchpad :)

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

bobrek faints. ;) looks like all the bases are covered in the above posts already.

waiting for pre 3 firesale - if there ever is one (gotta stock up).

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious whether there will be a pre 2 fire sale. I went to Verizon store during the weekend and nothing :'(.

4. OmegaSupreme

yeah. one thing that touchpad users missing from their mobile counterparts are gestures. hp messed up there.

anyhow, sorry for the derail. carry on.

5. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

wooo, i got two coming (hopefully) one from ebay (16gb) and one from onsale at amazon (32gb) - excited for them but still unsure as to what the exact purpose of a tablet will be in my life...i have my droid and laptop most places i am, but i'm still excited to try it out!

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I've got a couple on order, more like insurance in case the onSale thing falls through. :)

It looks good now, but I'm being paranoid about 'em since I'm not familiar with the seller.

Sure wish that applied to the threads mods are apparently less interested in, but some of the members wish would still not get ruined...... :p

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

lmao, this is pure win-win

can't wait to try out WebOS at this bargain price, and if it doesn't suit me... I can just jump ship and port android... deals like this don't happen all that often, I'm glad I got a piece of it!

9. ling ling

ling ling Member

There's 8 apps in the top 10 must have apps? ;)

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Does anyone know if the 50 gigs of cloud storage is gonna stay free, or is it just a trial?

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Is there a way I can find specific words within a pdf using my touchpad? I'd like to put my textbooks on it, but it won't be as nice without a find feature.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Have you tried looking at them with the kindle app?

13. OmegaSupreme

"pdf view" tab in upper-leftmost corner>find

14. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

Ok...I'm totally blind to the HP Pad. There's a crazed effort to get them at discount TODAY, but I seriously dont' know WTF I'm missing out on. I have a laptop and an I phone, so is what will this do for me???

I don't want to be the guy that misses out :cool:

Then again if it's discontinued what's the fuss about? Someone clue me in please :grin:

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I grabbed a first generation ipad when verizon sold them off at $300. I got one just because....but I ended up using it far, far more than I thought I would. It's perfect for browsing the internet. Probably cut my laptop time by 80%. You'll use the heck out of it.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

For football season starting, tablets are perfect.

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I still don't know what I'll use my soon-to-be tablet for... but at this bargain, I'm willing to part ways with a C-note to find out

18. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

I'm getting 'new car' fever and an itch to get one. Don't need it. You guys are making me WANT it though....lol.

It is a pain dragging the laptop and turning it on (lazy) etc.... $99 bucks? Is there any chance HP will see the oppurtunity and keep the OS so that future apps may be available?

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

got rid of the logging stuff and overclocked it to 1.5ghz (what i read 1.7 isnt stable just yet)

oh its so nice now cant wait to load my books on it

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What are you guys planning on using it for?