1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad Owners Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Maximus

Maximus Member

i can't search, history only goes back 6 pages...PWEEEEEEEAAASE :(

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You need to right click on the file or folder, hit properties>security>select under whatever your User name>Edid>Take Full control.

3. Maximus

Maximus Member

I've done that, still didn't work. :(

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Buy the game?

5. Maximus

Maximus Member

Hey! You're out of line bro!

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm pretty sure you're not doing it right. You suppose to take full control of the file that you are going to overwrite. Also make sure that file isn't running and you have to make sure it's the right User that you assign to.

7. Maximus

Maximus Member

I've done it. Full control on the file. Actually, it was already checked for full control.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Rename the file, or move it into a backup folder and copy the new file over. That file might be running in the background so you might need to stop it.

9. Maximus

Maximus Member

It's from a virtual drive with daemon tools, but i also downloaded the same crack and that one has the same problem. It installed fine on my laptop. Just the PC. I tried to copy the cracked files from my laptop over to the PC, but still no go. How do i check if the file is still running? End Process?

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I dont' know since I have no clue how you are running your OS. You can stop the process if you know which file it is. Try rebooting and try again. Like I said, try renaming the file or move it and copy the new one over if that will let you.

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I object to this thread hijacking. Use Google to find a computer help thread. I know the solution to your problem but I refuse to post it in this thread because you're derailing it.

12. Maximus

Maximus Member

googled. Been through several pages of "help." Not one thing worked.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Well you can try and set the UAC(User Account Control settings) to Never Notify or try going into Safe Mode or else reinstall and try and copy it over again.

14. Maximus

Maximus Member

Tried all those except Safe Mode. Will try when i take a break from my Breaking Bad marathon. Will also try changing the filename, think i've done that b4 but not sure.

Thanks breh

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

agreed with this. are you serious man? start a new thread.

16. Maximus

Maximus Member

I CAN'T start threads, or search or anything. Sorry i'm not an experienced poster with privileged like you BRUH.

Nah, but sorry for derailing your thread and thanks again to those who tried to help. You guys are alright...for a bunch of nerds.

17. gah

gah Member

Thanks for responding. I found this:
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port

Looks like I shouldn't be holding my breath, dualboot with CM7 is still a great thing to get anyway, to start.

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Damn Splashtop just made my touchpad worth so much more. Love it.

http://www.splashtop.com/

I think my wireless keyboard will finally be put to use.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Been using it for a weeks and I really like it. Love how it can play all the formats that I have for it on a free video player. Only big problem is sleep of death(SOD, that need a hard rebooting), wifi going off(no problem because I just turn it off and turn it back on and it's working again). Another thing is the Launcher also disappeared once awhile so that also need a reboot. Terrible battery life and pretty sluggish at time. Love the live multi wallpaper but that what also make the Touchpad kinda sluggish at time. I have a feeling we will probably wait a long time for a more stable version. Battery life is the biggest problem so far since it's not managing it properly.

20. Maximus

Maximus Member

Bebop, thanks for the tip. Changing the file name worked! I have a crush on you now ;)