1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad $90

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I ordered it from Amazon and banked for a price reduction.

Hopefully, it'll come back online tomorrow since there was only a small window for the amz purchase (10 mins around 2 today)

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm looking for one on ebay and the price for a new 16gb is about $230 right now including shipping. Is this still a good price? I know that people have gotten this for $100, but I mean at $230, isn't this still pretty nice?

4. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

You might be better waiting until HP ships the product to everyone who bought today. I think the prices on Ebay will go down or you may even be able to buy from HP directy as they have mentioned that they are expecting to get alot more in.

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

If you didn't know the seller paid $99 for it, then you would think its a good deal. Won't have the most apps but the user community will probably provide the essentials.

6. SunsRocketsfan

I would nit pay 200 for it. It's official app support is dead. User based apps usually suck. See most iPad jailbreak apps. Most suck.

99 for a tablet to watch videos and surf net is a awesome deal tho. I have a iPad 2 so not much use for another tablet.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have a laptop and an iPhone I don't need this thing at all but I figured for a $300 discount I'll give it a shot. I ordered one off of officemax.com when a small window opened this morning. I have a confirmation email, have no idea if I'll get it or what the story with officemax stock is.

8. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

Same here. I got a laptop, a netbook and an android phone. but $99 bucks for what could potentially be a hell of an android tablet? couldn't pass it up.

9. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

I probably won't need too many apps, as I'll just be surfing and watching videos on this; maybe some word processing as well. I guess it's just a bigger smartphone that I can play with.

Yeah I'll probably keep looking for the next few days and see if it gets below $200.

10. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

I had this 10" netbook with intel atom processor and it was the worst POS I've ever used...so then I got this 12" laptop that I'm currently using. Can you compare the tablet market with the netbooks? I mean not the obvious touch capabilities, but in regards to the speed of multi-tasking, etc. I think one time I opened up two firefox pages, one youtube video, and a microsoft word doc at the same time on my brand new netbook and it crashed. Hope the tablet is better.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  12. YaosDirtyStache

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

14. ItsMyFault

Yeah it's sold out right now, but that $50 was updated after it was sold out. From what people are saying, they're supposed to re-stock tomorrow. I don't know that for sure, but I'd keep an eye on it. You can nab 2 for the price of 1 with that deal.

15. ItsMyFault

#115 ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Best Buy's not doing instore pickups, so you get shipping charge and tax.

Bought a 32GB from hp's small office site for $161.

17. ItsMyFault

#117 ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

#118 glynch, Aug 21, 2011
  19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I took a shot at the Best Buy $99 16gb version. Received a confirmation number email that says the order is being processed. If it does go through at that price I will happily use it as a cheap extra device; if not, oh well.

I really would like to get the ASUS Transformer... I love my ASUS ultralight laptop and I'd like an Android tablet but for $99 the hp will do.