1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard was humiliated by his teammate and the brain of all of this is Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seclusiontwt, Nov 19, 2015.

1. seclusiontwt

seclusiontwt New Member

Maybe I am wrong. But do you guys have a feeling that Howard was insulated by his teammates in the game against Portland. I mean look at those failed alley-oops. Howard failed these alley-oops because his teammates were not passing him the ball in a comfortable wall. Even DeAndre Jordan is unable to finish this kind of alley-oops if his teammate passes a ball like this.

And do you know that while our big man grabbed 19 rebounds, he only scored 7 points out of 5 shots. He used to be the number one pick, he used to be the slam dunk champion, he used to be the number 1 center in this league. He shall not be treated like this!

And who is the main brain behind Howard’s humiliation? James Harden.

It seems that a seed of disaccord has been planted between Howard and Harden and Howard is increasingly been isolated in this team by Harden and other teammates who stand by Harden’s side.

Have you guys noticed that during the losing streak, Howard was the only guy who defense wholeheartedly. I guess he is the one who supports McHale. So the leave of MaHale heartened Harden and disheartened Howard.

Anyway, as a cluthfan member, I really hope that the combination of Harden and Howard can bring us a champion. But I am saddened by the fact that Harden is not a qualified leader. He does not have that kind of disposition which makes him a respectable leader. Look at his attitude in defense, his presence in nightclub even though there will be a fight ahead and most of all his controversial relationship with Kardashian. Is that what a leader shall do????

We have no reason to doubt Howard’s yearning for a champion. So I hope Harden can become more mature, be a qualified leader and work concertedly with Howard to bring a champion to this clutch city. Howard is already 30 and the time left for him is limited.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I hope I am wrong ,butI have a feeling he will be gone after this season. But I have no doubt Harden made him **ss vinegar all over,after yesterday's game.

3. dragician

dragician Member

Howard is overrated. I hope he retires as a rocket, NOW!.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Harden Iso Dwight got it.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Dwight is the only player playing consistently hard. I just wish he played more.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Insulated eh?

But yeah in the game thread holic mentioned something similar and I agreed:

7. FOXDIE

FOXDIE New Member

What's sad is Harden is a better inside out post player than Howard

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant believe we cant get a career 58% shooter more looks. It's an embarrassing misuse of resources. You don't have to post him up every play to accomplish it, either.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Your first post as a clutchfan member is this?.... bunch of negative assumptions that amount to absolutely nothing. :rolleyes:

We really need to reconsider the amount of time and rep is earned prior to being allowed to create new threads. Ugh.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I applaud JB for pushing these kind of play for Howard. He is a total nothing in the post, but he is still an elite finisher. This is exactly the way and the only way Howard should be utilized in the offense

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm not gonna even spend my time reading this

SMH

12. malakas

malakas Member

I think you reach too many conclusions but the lack of chemistry between Harden and Dwight is a fact and it has become much more pronounced this year. Also Dwight is the ONLY Rocket who has been performing well in all the games he has played. And the fact he doesn't get more shots is ridiculous.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I went to the game; your observations are off.

There was no side plan by Harden to humiliate him. Harden in the first 3Q was very passive and threw some BAD passes inside to Dwight. No doubt about that. He kept driving and kicking out. The whole team would drive the lane; instead of a layup when they had nobody in front of them, they would kick out for 3.

Howard also would do this. He would get a rebound; instead of go straight up, He would kick it outside. Not sure why he was doing this. Just go up strong and score. So you see it was Howard as much as Harden. Howard inside looked terrible. He kept half jumping and throwing up awkward shots. I was proud of him though for hitting those 2 FT in the 4Q. Also on his rebounds, He was trying to tap the ball with one hand or secure with one hand which was strange. Sure he got 17 boards, but he could have had 5 more with better technique. Something was off with him this game. I am not sure what.

Alexander did say in a Calvin Watkins interview that the Doctors haven't given the clearance for back to backs. So maybe he had some back ailment. Not sure; I am not a doctor.

14. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

The problem is Harden, not Dwight.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

While Dwight is here they need to utilize him more, that's obvious.

A shame he can't play every game, but when he does play, if they get him into the P&R, and run it correctly, it should be unstoppable. Or nigh on.

The way things are going, Dwight just might say "hell with this, just can't play with Harden" and sign elsewhere next summer. Not that Harden would probably care much, especially if the cap space turns into his KD (which I won't bank on).

16. bmd

bmd Member

I watched Dwight on Periscope during the offseason, and he seemed cool with James in the locker room. Not like best friends or anything, but they seemed friendly.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

McHale is the real problem. He should have realized this early and not put those two on the floor together.

18. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Shakey-Mainbrain-Humiliation??? :grin:

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Howard did not, in the 4th period, look like he had much lift in his jump anymore.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

While i did notice this, Dwight was getting offensive rebounds and passing it out himself. Like completely under the rim shots he's kicking out.