1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard out with strained right knee 11/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hey, it's gotten a lot better since Lin left... Crap.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Disagree, y'all TMZ posters are scrambling our brains.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If you probably had a bell curve chart of the CF membership, you'd have at least a significant portion composed of either young or emotionally immature adults. Nothing you can do about that but try to either stay out of the GARM after a disappointing loss or just be very wise about who you engage.

That's the reality of life lived in community fellas.... It helps to just lower your expectations regarding how people act and what they say.

1 person likes this.
  4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Here is the problem I have. I would have pulled a Willis Reed and limped into the arena and at least tried to play. Then being unable, I would have cheered my team on from the bench. Dude was hiding out somewhere.

His decision making is atrocious and holds the team hostage at his whim.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I want to support him but everything about him speaks to a 29 year old irresponsible child who thinks it's okay to let down his teammates. Watch his interaction with Harden, nonexistent. His broadulent ways are catching up to him. I bet Dwight has never had a fight in his life and wouldn't know how to defend himself.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait wait wait... All that for a regular season game? A regular season game. Not a playoff game, but a regular season game.

7. Rox>Mavs

You're new here so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and respond. Your posts while you might think are adding a different perspective for discussion fall outside the realm of what I'd call reasonable and constructive dialogue. Your assertion that howard has serious psychological issues and needs professional help falls in the outlandish category because 1) none of know enough details about the situation to even suggest such things 2) as a mental health professional myself I see no earthly basis for such a claim. Therefore you come off as "dramatic" and drive the dialogue to a place that makes the GARM less readable.

Just my 2 cents.....it'd even be better if you posed it as "does anyone think he's got psychological issues" instead of making definitive statements.

1 person likes this.
  8. Manos

Manos Member

This^. Guy is out for a game and they react like a 7th grade girl that just got dumped. It's pathetic.

9. cmutt

cmutt Member

Okay, that's fair. I probably should have stated it that way. Perhaps I got a little carried away from my frustration with Howard after all these years and maybe also to add a bit of bite to my point.

But I do think that based on Howard's action throughout the past 3-4 years, he's clearly shown signs that he is very insecure about his basketball skills and his basketball IQ. And this is fairly evident in how he handles himself on the court and with the media.

IMHO, he could really use the help of a professional, in whatever form that best applies, to help him try to break through whatever barrier or block it is, that is causing him to be so lackadaisical and unprofessional in his approach to the game of basketball.

I believe he owes it to the Rockets as an organization that's paying him close to $100 million dollars, and also to the fans that support the team.

So maybe that's not as dramatic as my original post. But couldn't you read between the lines and get my meaning and intent from the 1st one? I guess I was just saying, in my response to your post, that it seemed like you were just dismissing opinions and ideas out of frustration or something.

But I see where you're coming from now.

10. RCPM

RCPM Member

And who the **** are you?

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm just trying to stay away from incredibly ignorant posts like the paragraphs you posted a page back. You seem like a smart guy, but that rant...

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, for 1 simple reason it was the Laker's and Kobe Bryant who you know thinks you're a wussy!! Man up!! At least sit on bench and cheer the team on.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. cmutt

cmutt Member

Heh, dang, some of you guys are really funny.

We're in a FORUM here, and some of you guys get upset and/or bent out of shape by thread posts, which are really just other people's opinions and thoughts, which... are what FORUMS are meant for.

And what do some of you guys do? You start calling names, tossing out insults, and various other forms of trying to belittle people.

And for what? Because they make comments and/or state opinions that you don't personally agree with?

C'mon, I'm just a long time Rockets fan that's frustrated with certain aspects of the team, and I'm just venting and expressing my own personal opinions here. I go through and read other other people's thoughts and opinions and I respect them, whether I agree with them or not.

It's all food for thought to me, and I actually like having this forum as a resource for thoughts.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents.
    Peace

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Basically anytime I enter a thread in the GARM wanting to post my opinions, I always end up leaving with a feeling of :

[​IMG]

Some of you are literally either insane, or so melodramatic that you might want to look into medication.

1 person likes this.
  16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

See:
    Hardaway, Penny
    Hamilton, Richard
    Bogut, Andrew
    Howard, Dwight (2012)

17. Rox>Mavs

I'm sure I and others could, but that's kind of the point. Rants like that drive the conversation to a place that gets ugly fast. It shouldn't be the responsibility of the reader to have to read between the lines or filter the rant. It is the responsibilty of the poster to formulate thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a way that's more accurate to what the intent really is.

Think of it this way, if someone is yelling they where pushed by another person in a public estsblishment but start to throw and hit things....the first impression isn't to think about whether what they said is valid, but to invalidate the person as a whole for how they said it. Not saying it's fair but that's how people work.

Moral of the story.....its not only about what you say, but how you say it (even on an Internet forum.....maybe especially for that matter).

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard listed as day-to-day. Obviously sat out today's workout.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/535527591189291008">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Soft...

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale said Rockets will 'probably ' be without Dwight Howard.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/535530377222184961">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>