1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard & Harden Era has FAILED

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DFresh

DFresh Member

Al Horford scored right under the basket last night on an underneath the basket inbounds pass with 0.7 left on the shot clock.........

That play last night sums up this Rockets team perfectly. No communication & no chemistry. Morey WILL blow up the team this offseason you can count on that. Harden & Beasley will most likely be the only ones returning, I can see no other argument to bring ANYONE else back. I'd rather tank like the Astros than be given false hope. Howard & Harden experiment has failed.

1 person likes this.
  2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

But the JJ Watt era is successful

More years of playoffs advancement

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

AG should comeback too other than that I agree.

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You just wait for the Alexey Shved era

5. Gertso

Gertso Member

I mean last season went pretty well but sure whatever.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

No it didn't. It was hustle from 'discontinued' role players that set up the high seed. Harden and Howard still fumbled away fast break points in the post season on multiple occasions. Harden and Howard never developed any sort of high level chemistry. It's sad.

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I agree with you that this team definitely gets blown up in the off-season. But, unlike the Astros then, there are worse teams than the Rockets now, making the chance to get an overall #1 pick very slim.

And the Astros also had an endgame to tanking for those years...to restock their farm system (with their high draft picks and trading their existing good players for high-ranking prospects already in the Minors). As a result of this, their farm is one of, if not the highest, ranking farm system in all of baseball. Their ends justified their means; their young talent has blossomed, fans (including myself) are salivating at the prospects who will be called up this season; and most important of all, the Astros have a legit shot to win it all this year and will be major contenders for years to come.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Purge thread. I understand. Its good to get it out. Hey at least these dudes stayed healthy. Morey should have gotten better shooting around these cats but c'est la vie. They showed up when they needed to, but the NBA season is long when you are surrounded by scrubs.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have been to wcf which is the farthest the rockets had been in two DECADES. Some people don't realize his mediocre the rockets have been.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Uhh the Rockets made the WCF with Harden/Howard last year. The ultimate goal is always to win a title... but to act like this era has been an terrible failure isn't true.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I remember that play among other easy shots the Hawks made under the rim with ease. No paint protection. Other teams dominate the paint way too much against the Rox. Dominant Centers don't let that happen. Ewing played on some bad teams, Mourning did too,Hakeem was on a couple of "so so" teams but he made them better by the way he played..not comparing Dwight's overall GAME to them but the above centers would NOT allow another average center they would go up against dominate the glass or repeatedly allow layups by guards over and over again under the rim.

On top of that, heck if I compare the centers Dwight went up against this week alone they all dominated him as their guards pitched a tent in the paint scoring freely like last night.

12. DFresh

DFresh Member

All I want, is for the Rockets to achieve a level of consistency, where we don't make it to the Conference Finals just to regress again like we did this year. Nobody saw this coming, but the role players on this roster are not the correct fit for Howard & Harden in my opinion. They're not even the players needed to run Morey's so called system effectively. Hopefully Morey will be humbled by this season, and realize that sometimes the numbers don't calculate chemistry.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

change the coaching staff, get some competent role players, assure harden and dwight wont repeat this season, and you got yourself a dark horse contender.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Stop it. The team needs to be blown to hell. Harden and Howard are the problem. Let's move on to the next era, whatever that may be. I cannot stomach another season of watching our highest paid players stand around while the other team gets layup after layup. I just want some players that will give effort every single game. Is that too much to ask?

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Because you know...JJ Watt plays QB for the Houston Texans...:rolleyes: Sadly, if they actually had him throw passes...it wouldve been more accurate than Brian Hoyer.

Morey and the Rockets took a huge gamble on Howard becoming "shaq" like and Harden play like Kobe. As pathetic as it is to compare two 1st ballot HOF's to the bizzaro-world players in Dwight and Harden, that was the realistic vision. Them failing is on them. They couldnt make it work. And in a star driven league, stars carry teams. The Rockets have two of them, that still haven't found a way to jive with each other.

Perhaps the system couldve been tweaked...Maybe the system fostered Haren's atrocious defense...BUT if Harden tried, so would the rest of the team. If Dwight just focused on dominating two things (getting rebounds and blocking shots) the Rockets would be a better team. But they dont GAF...sadly, most of us have gotten to that realization now. The murderous row of talent is coming for the Rockets....and if they stand, very well have to face either SAS or GSW...in the first round. Basically the end for this miserable season...

I do hope Morey clears house...but then again, Les might beat him to the punch.

16. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Dwight needs to go. Guy is no longer an NBA star.
    His weaknesses are numerous
    - Gets blown by guards too easily as his foot speed is too slow.
    - His rim protection is suspect, he rarely challenges shots any longer.
    - Opponents get inside his head too easily, he gets T'd up too often
    - The refs are biased against Dwight (not really Dwight's fault but is reality)
    - Can't shoot free throws allowing opponents to either take him off the floor or disrupt the team's rhythm.

The NBA has left him behind where you need a big who can move his feet and switch out to the guards semi competently. Also, Dwight makes so many mental mistakes each game. He is definitely not 20+ million player any more as his only strengths are rebounding and pick and rolls.

17. dream2franchise

I'm wondering if Dwight is injured, but playing through so he doesn't hurt his potential earnings. That's not without risk, though.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wonder this as well. He has never quit on this team in terms of effort in the past, so part of me has to wonder when he lets guys just penetrate at will this year. Most likely I think he is pushing himself through something he would otherwise be sitting through in a non-contract year.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it would explain his lack of speed and general lack of mobility.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Bookmarking for multiple views.