1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard coming in 100% Happy ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Sep 26, 2013.

?

Does Howard want to play TWIN TOWERS ?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. rather have a stretch four

31 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

“Howards past”Ok we all know about Howard had issues in Orlando and we are aware of the situation with the Lakers offense and Howard having a problem with Mike Dan D’Antoni’s fast pace system and not receiving the ball enough, disagreeing with the floor spacing and how their offense didn’t look good pairing him with Paul Gasol. Then you have the issue he had with playing with Kobe a “ball dominate guard”.

“Howard Rockets”
    He is ok with playing with another ball dominate guard in Harden or he would never have picked the rockets. But Howard is also excited with the potential “pick and roll with Lin which he has stated in a interview calling it “DWINSANITY”. This will allow him to get his points and receive the ball often and be happy knowing that Houston will run a face pace offense. Of course harden and Howard will run the pick and roll also not trying to start that discussion here.

“Howard Rockets Now”
    At the rally this summer the organization and fans welcomed Howard in an excited and positive way. Is the organization still doing that? This Asik and Howard working or not working conversation is starting to heat back up. I’m just not sure if this will sit right with Howard. He chose Houston to be the man and to finally be HAPPY. Not sure how happy he will be with having to share minutes with Asik or have to deal with the floor spacing issue if Mchale decides to pair them starting or just for certain stretches of the game. The organization should figure this out quick because we all want this to be a good season and want Howard to be happy. Howard plays his best basketball when he is Happy and stress free. Don’t want Howard being upset and media twisting this Asik Howard situation and making it seem as if Howard #1 he got Asik traded #2 he is unhappy with Mchale decisions of the twin towers and feels as if he would be more productive with a different offensive or defensive coaching approach #3 its all Dwight fault he is never happy and should have stayed with the Lakers. I feel that this is just not a good way to start the season with drama and it is not fair to put Howard in this situation. He chose Houston to be the center that the Rockets have been wanting over the years to play with Harden, Lin, Parsons, I highly doubt at that first meeting in L.A rockets pitched him and Asik “another center” can play together and be the NEW TWIN TOWERS.

Media day is tomorrow, training camp starts Saturday at the Toyota center ! #rednation

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Only 99.9% Trade him.

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Look we have one of the best management team in the NBA.

We are talking about it, they are already experimenting it.

They are always ahead of us in every aspect in terms of basketball.

I'm pretty sure our management already gave our coaching staff the tools and stats that they will need to make things work.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's going to be here for a very long time so he better be happy.

This is pretty much his last chance at getting back into that elite status in the NBA. He can't come here pouting, whining, and complaining about stuff because he CHOSE to be here.

He's going to be happy. Honestly the only person I worry about is Harden. That Harden was the man before, liked the taste of that, and might not be willing to share that with Howard. Even so I realize that there is a LOW chance of Harden acting like this figuring his past.

These ARE legit concerns, I know they seem like conspiracy stuff but in the NBA that drama between players is very real. Getting that chemistry is always key.

5. conquistador#11

there are plenty of baskets to go around in houston like strippers. I don't see how anyone can be unhappy. we should worry about staying discipline on D, that goes for our 3 guard rotation. they would all do the same thing over and over again. (not rotate/overhelp)

give bol to bigman!

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Kobe Bryant is not really a "ball dominate" guard. He just shoots like there's no tomorrow.

Ball dominate players need the ball in their hands to make a move/play, not neccesarily to shoot.

7. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

From what I have read, he is happy and just wants to win. Hence your poll question is irrelevant.

He wants to win and whatever lineup(s) give us the highest probability of winning he will be happy with. That's what training camps are for and pre-season games.

8. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Of course he's a ball dominant guard. Most of those shots are off of isolations, drives and post plays where he is controlling the ball. You have chuckers who tend the throw the ball up in bad situations mainly in spot-up shooting situations, but Kobe is different.

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

only difference between a chucker and kobe is that kobe tend to make those shots in bad situations... normal chuckers don't...

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Preseason blowout sale at Rockets Team Shop in Toyota Center tomorrow, 10am-3pm. 50% off reg prices, 20% off sale items....so if you live in Houston try to make it out to the team shop and get "reded" out for the season

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He is at George ranch high school with Chandler watching a football game tonight...

12. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

No worries, happy or not we're going places...

Name me a time when a team had best SG in the league n best C in the league, n didn't make it to the finals or winning it, after playing together for sometime.... Did not happen, will not start with us.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This is stupid, we already know who Asik isn't 100% happy.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

T-Shirts should be made...

I'm Coming In 100% Happy on Opening Day, too.

IN HOUSTON!!!

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm in Katy...should I evacuate?

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Lolol

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good grief! I love punctuation marks.

Dwight is happy. He's said that he is happy. He wouldn't have signed here if he wasn't happy enough to try things out here.

Leave it alone.

19. allaroundplayer

It doesn't matter if he is happy or not.

The only reason that he had leverage with his past teams to give him power over who was the coach, trades, etc. was because of his impending free agency.

Now he can't be a free agent for at least 3 seasons.

Orlando did every move to make him happy & it just made their team worse. The bad organizations let players run the team, but Morey isn't like that.

Although, I'm sure they will do everything they can to make him happy, but aren't going to weaken the team to do so or bend over backwards.

I was wondering since Howard is so picky about where he plays, how come he didn't ask for a no-trade clause? Or did he ask for one and get refused?

I think Howard will be unhappy if he expects to be the focal point on offense because I think he might underestimate Harden & Parsons who may both be better scorers this season than him, as well as Lin who can have big games occasionally.

He does expect the offense to run through him, by the way, so yes I think he will be unhappy sooner or later.

One way I think the Rockets may be able to avoid this somewhat is to start Beverley over Lin. He can run the team better and Lin will get a lot of minutes off the bench, so if Asik starts taking his minutes, Howard will not have such a good case to complain. That should make Asik feel better about getting demoted too if Lin goes to the bench.

20. boiler

boiler Member

Better not ask coach McHale this question. He will probably say something like "I don't give a **** about if he's happy or not, and I didn't know he is ****". lol.