1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you rate our GM DM now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Prince, Feb 24, 2011.

?

Rate our GM'S performance today

1. A - Best

71 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. B - Good

218 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. C - OK

180 vote(s)
    29.8%
  4. D - Not Happy

103 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. E - Worst

32 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Prince

Prince Member

Based on the transactions today, how would you grade our GM?

A for Best

E for worst.

2. sando

sando Member

S for Super.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic deals... Wish we could have snagged Wallace, but at least we have direction now...

Glad we are keeping Courtney...

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Since he is still unable to land a star player, I can't give him a good grade.

1 person likes this.
  5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Personally I'm down on him right now. The while point of all these assets was to get a star and we haven't gotten anything close to that and still have a bench of repetitive talent.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

About a B-. I think the team will miss Battier, but given his contract status, I understand using his expiring deal to get some consideration. AB has reallly struggled, so I don't think his departure hurts immediately, but again, half-season rental nets you a 1st rounder and another player who has kind of struggled this year but has some skills.

Reasonable haul, basically the Knicks part of the McGrady deal-- 25 or so game rental of a player on an expiring contract in exchange for some young talent. You use some assets whose value will expire (or at least be reduced substantially) after the deadline to get some assets whose value won't expire until later.

Of course, last year we were more excited about the deal because there was also the Landry for Martin part. This year, there's no Kevin Martin available.

7. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Like most I was hoping for more, but I think we did as well as we could under the circumstances. We're in position to make a move with 3 draft picks in this draft, we cleared space for our young guys to play more by moving Rick's security blankets, and we did nothing to harm our position going forward.

I'm also ecstatic that we moved Brooks. Now we don't have to worry about matching when some fool offers him 9 mil a year this summer.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm disappointed in these latest deals overall but I doubt Morey had a shot at landing a big name player. He will catch hell in the local media (and on this forum) regardless but I think he did the best he could do. If he is guilty of anything, it is overvaluing his assets.

This team needs some luck (as all teams not named the Lakers do) to make the jump to real contender. I do believe that once we land a star player we will have other great players clamoring to get here.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Grade Morey's performance at the deadline

What grade would you give him?

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

everyone on this board seems to drink the DM koolaid...

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Definitely not an A, but not bad either. I'm going with C simply because we waited too long to trade Brooks.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

First time I have really doubted our GM.

Sold low on Brooks.

Picked up Thabeet? I mean wtf for. This guy will likely be out of the league when his rookie contract is up.

A couple of picks are okay if they are lottery picks, even late lottery, but if they are late first rounders this isnt going to help us rebuild.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

apologies, i didn't see the similar thread to this, the server was too busy and I couldn't log in here so I couldn't see it was there. Lock it up

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I give it a C.

We receive 2 picks, but they are most likely outside lottery bound (Not too sure about the Memphis pick though).

Hasheem is a wild card. He addresses the height issue, and the potential is there. Whether he will ever reach his second pick potential is a different story.

Dragic is a nice pick up. Like Brooks he is having a down year, but he has amazing court vision (which will certainly help since he will facilitate ball movement for the second unit as well). In terms of this year, we have more to gain from getting Dragic than staying with Brooks. Brooks is unable to score, has poor court vision and dribbles way too much. Dragic will provide a lot of dishing for Hill and PPat, which should help a lot.

This is one of those trades that can only be graded after a year or so. We really don't know how much potential Dragic and Hasheem has or are able to reach, at the same time we really don't know how valuable our picks will be.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

You can vote with your emotions or vote with your brain. The type of deal the Rockets wanted to make just wasn't available. They were essentially able to get draft picks for expirings which I'm going to guess are for a specific purpose. This poll should be postponed until the future.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A for addition by subtraction. Brooks is a goner :grin: :grin:

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

disappointing considering thabeet was a desperation move.

camby, erden, asik, gortat, would of really improved the team, thabeet not so much.

19. worzel gummidge

Don't the traded for and to be drafted players have to play first?

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'd give him a C.

Liked the deals at first, but once the protections/restrictions came out.. makes you wonder how desperate Morey was..