1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you guys feel about this trade rumor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Nov 13, 2020.

?

How do you feel about a similar trade? Worth it or not?

1. Definitely worth it

3.7%
  2. Hell no

54.5%
  3. I'd probably change something, it has potential

41.8%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry but seems like i can't edit the op anymore :(

Ramo$e and DreamShook like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like it's happening then :D

Dacamel likes this.
  3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Get Roco out the trade and I’ll take it.

we need multiple elite defenders around Harden. George and coco would be an elite defense on the perimter

HP3 likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw it's cool, I was just searching wondering why nobody was talking about it on Clutchfans, lol

Vivi and Ramo$e like this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd do WB and a 1st for PG, but not WB plus Covington.

mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  6. Denovo

Denovo Member

iirc PG’s new wife IS the stripper from Miami lol

7. riko

riko Member

George is a way more versatile player then Russ who can play a variety of different positions . He is just simply a better overall player

YOLO likes this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

PG=Roco

Roco hits slightly better percent of 3's and averages more rebounds. This team definitely needs rebounds. Not only that Roco is cheaper. He is not elite defender but is solid. PG has been declining Roco looks to be improving. Russ for PG would be a lateral move at best. Why trade Russ for PG when and if you are going to trade Russ PG is not needed because of Roco. Most of all he has the same production output with a better contract.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed.

There are better trade opportunities available over LAC and their ridiculous demands.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What's one more pick to get rid of that godawful contract, player, and attitude? Do it. George is a bit overrated, but so are the tales of his playoff woes I think (though this year was admittedly very bad).

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol No, we have no incentive to help teams. You only make trade to improve. You don't improve by giving away future picks for declining players. If he was so good they would not be looking to move him.

12. riko

riko Member

I never said include Covington. My best offer would be Russ and House for George and Beverley or shammoth. I just pointed out that the comparison between Russ and PG . Hot t was a player comparison

D-rock likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I know....but it still doesn't make sense as I stated before because we have Covington. Why trade for PG for the sake of trading for him when Roco does the same thing. It doesn't matter who you trade for him we don't need two of the same players. It is wise not to do rentals for players you know are going to leave, unless you are rebuilding! Every indication from Rockets is we are not rebuilding until Harden decides what he wants. Even if we trade away Westbrook to the Knicks we are not really rebuilding. Harden is still here.

14. riko

riko Member

You can play George at Sg and SF and even PF. Then you can switch Covington to the 3 or 4 spot. They can play at the same time a lot like kawhi and George did.

Gives us a lot of different options. Its all a moot point since Jerry West will never touch Westbrook

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

True

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Maybe a deal where we keep Covington and move WB and House, I liked House, but after what happens he needs to go and I think part of the "culture" issue everyone keeps referencing has to do with what House did and not being on the same page as the rest of the team. Maybe Lou Williams can teach him how to get away with stuff.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

We're not helping LAC, we're helping ourselves. Westbroke will not make the Clippers better. George may not be all that good, but he's better (and on a better contract) than Westbrick...

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden doesn't want to play with with PG. Harden wants to play with Russ. Russ should have asked to go to Clippers if he wanted to play with PG or stayed in OKC. These players can't have it both ways. You guys are silly to just trade away Westbrook for a rental of a declining PG just because you don't like the way Russ plays. We could always sign Ty Lawson back I guess because point guards less skilled than Westbrook is the way to go apparently because they are cheaper. Even if this happened Rockets would have to convince another star to sign outright. How often has that happened? Dwight? Simply put, we have a better chance of being better than last season with him on the roster plus it keeps our options open for future better deals. If everybody and their momma think you want to fire sale Westbrook of course thy are going to low ball you.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

how do yall feel about the brooklyn / harden trade rumor?

dinwiddie, levert, allen, prince for harden? like a bunch of rb2's in football for one of the best players in the game. none of these dudes are star potentials, so idk how i feel about it

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

hard pass. I’m not even replying to the email, text, or voicemail. Like you said, none of those guys have a high ceiling. They’re all role players. Some might even be above average. But if you’re trading away a superstar, you need to be getting another superstar back or assets with the potential to become a superstar, whether a young player or high draft picks. The best players in that package are hitting their late 20s. No thanks. I’d rather gamble losing Harden for scraps in two years since this package is not too far from that. That group of players is the instant mediocrity kit.

TimDuncanDonaut, tc0330, Vivi and 2 others like this.