1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Oh yeah, what about the numerous reported deals of Scola for Stoudemire?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rumors happen.

;)

I think Scola is a better player for this team than Bosh, he works harder, is just as comfortable being the man, as he is playing a role, and makes others around him better.

IMO, Bosh is like Rudy Gay, a stats hound on a crap team.....not worth the $$$$ it would take to pay him.

Do I think Morey wanted him? I think Morey knew the entire time that Bosh was not intersted, and the rest of that stuff was for the fans.....yes.

IMO, you have to get a Superstar that is a centerpiece to build around, and clearly Bosh is not it, even he knows it, he went to play 3rd fiddle in Miami...

DD

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Yes, we should trade the MVP of the World Championships. Especially since hes at his prime, we finally have a healthy Yao(I hope), and we just signed him to a fresh contract.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

How do I feel about trading Scola? The same way I feel about trading any Rocket player who has a big role on the team. If the trade improves our team, it needs to be done.

5. parmesh

parmesh Member

I'd feel like...
    ass. Unless it was for a superstar. Otherwise, I'd feel like ass.
    Glad we didn't sacrifice him for the guy named Bosh.

6. Seth

Seth Member

I wouldn´t feel bad if he netted us a great player in return. But what are the odds of that happening?
    I may add that if we traded him for a losing team we would basically be killing his chances of a championship and would seem a little ugly play from us.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We have Kevin Durant now? :confused: Why no on front page? :(

8. thekad

thekad Member

So is DaDokata just trolling now or is he actually delusional?

9. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Would not want to trade Scola unless it was for a top 10 guy. He hustles, produces and is a great team player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am delusional.

DD

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Very true. We don't want an over-priced and over-rated Chris Bosh. Scola fits the role in this Rockets team better with a much cheaper price.

12. dartherus

dartherus Member

Scola is very underpaid for his contribution to the team, and his potential to contribute even more (remember he was a 20 10 pf after the landry trade)...

He's not young to become a great trade asset (despite he's unbreakable in a team well known for its injury prone players, and he'll likely to be haltheir at 36 than most young athletic fraks in current NBA will be in 6 years)....

In short, Scola has things that makes him undervalued in market (not being flahsy, athletic, dunker, not being young enough)...so, it's simple, if Rockets trade him, it almost 100% certain that FO will get FAR LESS REAL VALUE in return (at least if you analize the contribution to the team of the players gotten in return).