1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Ashes

Ashes Member

Uh, if for some reason another team overpays to get him because of his recent play and we are winning the deal big time then sure, I'd trade him. Otherwise, no.

2. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Why do ****ty threads like this keep popping up? To OP maybe we trade him for David Lee?

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He is value is up, because he is a great player, dont trade him now

4. mFt82

mFt82 Member

If the salaries Matched I would not trade Scola for Melo, straight up. Some people are of the opinion that many so called "superstars" (e.g., Melo, Chris Bosh) are trash because of their attitude... (btw, that Bosh is arguably on a great team should not be taken to contradict the aforementioned statement about Bosh as the team's roster looks damn good on paper)

Whereas T-Mac before and Melo now are great players who will only make a team "good," i believe Scola is a very good player who will make a team great. This is not simply because of his basketball skill set but.because of his mind set: there is no "I" in team.

2 people like this.
  5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

No way! :mad: not unles were trading for a SUPER star! ;) i dont want any 2nd tier stars if it involves scola..... but thats just me :)

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

So true! One of the best statements I've heard in a long time.
    Repped!

7. ezzie

ezzie Member

one star and one question-

ARE YOU HIGH?!

i wouldnt evn trade him for melo! like a previous postr said, he's gonna push the team 2 greatness

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would feel uncertain...

...uncertain that you will have future thread-creating privileges.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

~Are we overrating Luis Scola?~

some of you are a bit extreme on the hyperboles...for the record, I want to keep him but later on if the right deal is on the table then you weigh your options

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I think saying he rebounds at "a decent clip" is wrong. When you look at the number of minutes he plays per game, Scola's an excellent rebounder. He fits this team so well, and we waited so long for and griped so much about not having a good power forward. With Landry gone, there's no one proven behind him. So the answer to your question is I'd absolutely hate trading Scola. The trade would have to net the Rockets something really special.

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Right on, man. The cliche about no "I" in team was a bit much, but right on. You nailed it.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

That going to be a noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is so important to this team, he is the heart of the team, the guy that gets everyone to play harder.

It is impossible to slack when Luis is running all day long.

I think his effort is way underated, and the Rockets understand it.

DD

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

15. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

well i get it if you take the emotion out of it you are 100% right 7 I APPLAUD YOUR GUTS but it sets a poor loyalty example after you say how you want this guy in your organization & then sign him & trade him. that will hurt you in re signing players & every agent will bring it up when it comes too a re-up by the same token if we had traded shane after he did a good job against kobe i think we might be better off now (assuming shane does not return to form)but in the end he is a great person /player & a guy we can still afford to keep. now if you think about his age / expiring contract/ over loaded at his spot , then you have to ask yourself does he get gone at the deadline?? DOES IT depend on his play???? YOU WON'T LOOK AS BAD TRADING A PLAYER PLAYING BAD AT AN OVERLOADED SPOT NO MATTER WHO IT IS!!!!& IF YOU TRADE SCOLA & IT SCREWS THE CHEMISTRY AT HIS SPOT (even if it's bosch) you will!!!

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only negative of Scola is that he is a terrible defender. Almost anyone with an offensive game can score on him.

17. moreyball

moreyball Member

Ok, so Denver gets Carmelo and Scola, we get Noah, who does Chicago get??? :confused:

18. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I would for melo

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

20. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

I don't understand the hate. We should be willing to move anyone on the team if a good enough deal comes along. Sure, Luis is tearing it up now, but how about two or three years down the road, when his production falls off and his salary increases? This is exactly the kind of contract that gets teams in trouble. Sell your assets while their value is high.

I'm not saying we should toss him for junk, but if, as a previous poster stated, we were offered someone like Favors for him, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.