1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

lol, this thread comes after his team loses. Truth be told, teams ain't gonna want to touch him cause his new contract will prob. take him past his prime.

2. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

I guess it would depend on what we would get for him, but I like Scola. He's the best starting PF we've had since Charles Barkley. He quietly puts up nice numbers, and is the most durable player on the team. Plus, I like his whole "blue collar" approach to the game. He's all about putting on the hardhat and getting the job done.

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Depends. I'd trade him for say Kobe or Lebron.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Would anybody trade Scola for somebody like Derek Favors? I would. I love Luis, but selling high is not a crazy notion.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If the right deal came along I could stomach it but the deal I would consider to be right would have to be so lopsided in the Rockets favor that it will never happen.

To me, Scola is the best player on the team (until Yao proves otherwise) and was the most important player (by a lot) on last year's team. Despite his age, I think he is about to hit his NBA prime and is going to stay there for the next 3-5 years. Having no athleticism has it's advantages as you age ;)

7. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

tl;dr, would you like a tissue?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes our wagon is indeed hitched to Yao Ming however at this point in his career you can't expect him to carry the load. Luis Scola is the perfect complement to him because he can draw double teams and score on his opponent 1-on-1. Luis Scola is in his prime and is oue "win now" player. If you want to contend with Yao Ming then you should keep Scola. If you want to rebuild and give up on the Yao Ming experiment then you trade both him and Ming for young players.

You can't say we're buillt around Yao then talk about trading Luis Scola. All the guys better than him right now are the max contract guys like DH, Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki. Unless you can trade for one of those this thread SUCKS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pistols or sabers ? ;)

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This is the kind of trade we would have to make to justify moving Luis. Of course if we are getting a top 5 player, you do it but that will probably not happen due to his contract and age. I can see Scola being moved later on in his career in an OT for Clyde type trade.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Don't you think its about time to start supporting our team and its players.
    Instead of upsetting them by talking of non existing trades as though there was a chance of it happening! :p

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Morey has a package that includes Scola, I'd be sad, but 100% on board with the move. No matter the scenario, it would make sense.

If Scola gets traded for young player(s) and/or picks, it means Yao's done for his career and the Rockets go into rebuilding mode.

If Scola is traded for a another player that seems to be comparable, it means that Patterson/Hill are beasting and Scola can be used to shore up a weakness elsewhere.

If Scola is included in a package for a star player... Well, no explanation necessary.

Because Scola's an established player, his value can't really increase dramatically after the trade that makes you think "oh crap this could be an Anderson for Bagwell" type of a move. As a Rockets fan first before a fan of any individual player, team benefit outweighs the feeling of losing a favorite player of mine.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Maybe I missed something earlier in this thread, but has no one mentioned the fact that the Rockets CANNOT trade Scola right now, even if they wanted to?

Luis cannot be traded until December 15 at the earliest.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ehh, don't bother these people with facts. He has value, so we should get rid of him....smh

15. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

ROFL. After the Brazil game that he played well, some of you said he was better than Yao. And there was an idiot who even said his post moves are dreamesque :eek: . But then one day later after a poor game, you want to trade him. I really love you guys.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure why this is an issue considering most potential deals won't happen until the trade deadline anyway. This includes just about every trade scenarios floating in GARM: AI, Granger, Wallace, CP3, etc. And that the only possible blockbuster partner before then, Denver, would not care for a player like Scola.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Schizophrenia is spelled G. A. R. M.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And Scola is a Base Year Compensation player, makeing the salary matchin aspect pretty difficult to work with.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

20. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member