1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 1, 2014.

?

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

1. I would looove this move.

53.1%
  2. Totally unrealistic, as he's not leaving PHX

42.2%
  3. No, he isn't part of the answer.

4.7%
  1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you aware that Dragic and Harden didn't play on the same team???

Kyle Lowry set career highs in PPG every year for his 4 years in Houston.
    Goran Dragic did the same thing for his 2 seasons here.
    Last season both Lin and Beverley had double digit PPG (a combined total of 22.7ppg).

Houston is hardly a 'bad fit' for PGs.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cool. I've definitely been raw/heavy handed/defensive of late...I'm glad we were able to work it out. :)

Anyway, it sounds like we've got a bet!

See xiki, my Woodstock/spiritual side is coming back as I slip into Zenman! :grin:

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dragic plays acceptable D and perhaps Dragon relieving Harden of some ball handling duties will allow Harden to focus more on D.

It's not that Harden cannot play D. He can as we saw with team USA and his OKC days. Problem with the Rockets over the past two seasons is that he has had to expend so much energy on offense being the primary ball handler whenever he is on the court that it has affected his D.

With Dragon, offensive duties will be split as Dragic is a very capable ball handler and creator unlike the limited Bev or the poor handles, dumb turnovers over prone Lin.

Anyways moot point. Getting Dragic is far fetched

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Trade for Dragic!?

[​IMG]

5. Plowman

Supporting Member

"This here ain't Taylor. Taylor's dead! This here is Chris. He's been resurrected."

So, this is Zenman you're talking to now.

And the two of us have been here a looong time, brother. Let's put the swords away and smoke that peace pipe. Let's toss all this in the river and let it drift away. I HAVE been increasingly on edge/defensive over the last couple of months...and needed to chill....I'm there. It doesn't mean we're going to agree on everything, but why don't we just let this go. Olive branch? :)

#85 Plowman, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  6. queazie

queazie Member

Good point, but did he also wager that if he is wrong he will NEVER EVER EVER teach Geology again. And if anyone did not believe him can just quit College for 1 year.

7. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

That strengthens my point though. Even if Dragic was a backup during his early time here, he didn't have to play with a SG who plays point guard. Lowry's putting up higher numbers than he ever did while in Houston. Both Lin and Beverly deferred the ball to Harden.

Don't get me wrong, Dragic is a great player and an upgrade over Beverley. But the Houston system just doesn't work for point guards because it takes the ball outta their hands. Unless we change our system, we simply need a D + 3 guy, which is what Beverley can be if he raises his 3 point shooting.

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

What we really need is a good play making PG that is willing to come off the bench.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Of all the point guards being discussed, Dragic would be the best upgrade, but the chances of it happening seem slim to none. The firepower of this team would be awesome.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

crap, wrong thread

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That doesn't strengthen your point, it destroys it. Dragic didn't play in a system that took the ball out of his hands in Houston, so you can't use that as proof of what would happen if he was traded here.

BTW, here are the stats for Lowry and Dragic as starters their last year in Houston.

Lowry 15.9pts, 5.3reb, 7.2ast
    Dragic 18.opts, 3.5reb, 8.4ast

The only thing that held them back while they were in Houston was each other.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Jeremy Lin being a bust signing for the Rockets is on him not the system.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with that notion. Dragic had great numbers as a Houston Rocket where he played with guys like Scola, Kevin Martin and so forth. He too deferred the ball to them so there is no reason for him to not put similar numbers. He flourished under Mchale and will be just as amazing with Harden and Howard along his side. With the the departure of Parsons he will have the ability to be the third option. We will Need another player that can create their own shot ala Tony Parker, Kwahi Leonard, and Ginobli surrounding Duncan. Too many 3 and D guys just doesn't work anymore. It makes the offence just too predictable which will kill us during the playoffs. We have two of them in Ariza and Beverly which is plenty as long as the two can remain consistent. Dragic will be the guy we look to replace Parsons numbers and more. I think he can and will excel in that. Guys like Tjones, canaan, ish, troy daniels, and so forth are replaceable, a chance to get Dragic is not.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

15. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

16. mightybosstone

I don't think Phoenix is likely to trade Dragic early in the season, but I think there's a good chance they'll be forced to deal him at the trade deadline or do a sign and trade with him a year from now. I just don't agree with what Phoenix has done this offseason. I liked the Tucker and Thomas signings, but then they gave way too much money to Bledsoe and paid to keep the mediocre Morris twins.

If Dragic were to re-sign with Phoenix a year from now, they'd be over the salary cap. So essentially Phoenix is going all in with a core that couldn't even make the playoffs a year ago and is dreadfully weak in the front court. If Phoenix doesn't make the playoffs this year, I think there's a good chance Dragic bolts to play for a legitimate contender where he can still make solid money. Houston would make about as much sense as anybody, and he clearly has a good relationship with McHale and this franchise.

All that being said, the odds are still probably in Phoenix's favor at this point. But I certainly rule out the possibility of him leaving.

17. Plowman

Supporting Member

18. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

Even as a Suns fan, I could not have stated it better, but to try and add...

...the ONLY way the Suns are moving Bledsoe or Dragic is if they get all-star or near all-star talent in return. Even with that mentioned, Dragic is virtually "untouchable", and the Suns probably won't even listen to EB offers until after this season. Call back then, but don't offer picks and young prospects, we have plenty of both. Miles Plumlee & (stashed) Bogdan Bogdanovich can also be added to the "youngins" pile.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chance of us getting Dragic = 0.05%

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]