1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Would Dwight Howard Look Next To James Harden In A Rockets Uniform Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 7, 2013.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Oh no you're good man... I was just wondering if I was that guy who started the rumor about Scary Sherry, only to realize years later that the story I heard was in fact one I created... Psych anyone??

2. Albinoswordfish

I actually think Dwight Howard is the most overrated player in the NBA. Yes he's probably the best rebounder in the game and also probably one of the best shotblockers in the game. Defensively this guy is a monster however his offensive game is almost as bad as Asik's (maybe even worse at least Asik can hit some free throws). The difference between him and Asik though is that Dwight thinks he's Hakeem in the post and he will pout if he doesn't get his touches. Dwight has no steady offensive game, he has no idea how to catch high and finish high which leads to him getting stripped almost every game it feels like (I'm a Laker fan). Also he struggles against any team that has an athletic center that can stay in front of him. Lastly he lacks the intangibles like toughness and the competitive spirit I think you need from a champion.

Overall I think if Houston can get Dwight great but don't expect championships to start rolling in. Also he's a not a player you can build around but he think's he is so get ready for some drama at the first sight of lack of touches. He won't change the Rockets like you guys think

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dude has been exposed this season, but I'd trade Asik, Lin, and Ppat/Morris for Dwight if he wants to re-up here. If not, then oh well. It's really sad that the Center position has become this pathetic and it doesn't look like that trend will be changing anytime soon either.

4. rocketblood713

Are you kidding look at whats happened to the Lakers ..lol here we go again !!!

5. rocketblood713

Dwight is gonna leave once his team goes on a losing streak dont matter where he goes Lakers Houston Dallas Brooklyn as soon as the team starts losing he wants out

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden/Dwight would be a fantastic core to build around for the next 5 years, better than we could ever have hoped for, even in Dwight's declined state.

I have to figure the Lakers will be looking to dump Pau's contract in the trade, though, which could make matters difficult.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

only team in Tx I see him playing for ...would be Dallas :(

8. marexx

marexx Member

I would like that alot

9. gate470

gate470 Rookie

If the Nets rumors are true, why would he choose HOU over them? BK's the Bigger city, got the better team, and it's a great place for divas.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not likely, unless there are multiple teams involved. Assuming the only players out for LA are Gasol and Howard, that is almost 40 million in outgoing salary(38.5 if I'm not mistaken). That's a huge number, even for the Lakers. To put that in perspective, Rockets entire rotation makes about 34 or 35 million. I'm not a capologist, so forgive me if my numbers or understanding of them are not on par with some of Cfans finest(Bima, Bima and Bima).

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I give him an F, didn't Dwight learn anything from Dream's sessions?
    He's so unsmooth out there. However, if he goes to Houston, I'm sure they'll fix up his game with McHale helping.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

McHale helping? Hahahahahaha... never thought I'd see the word helping anywhere near McHale these days. McHale needs to go man, I'm sure you know better than to think that McHale could help Hack-a-Dwight, or anyone right now. Please, please tell me you were being sarcastic! :confused:

Mr. D

13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You guys are crazy thinking Lebron would come to Houston. His actions joining Miami shows he's not trying to go to a team that can build around him. He wants to go to a team Stacked with 2-3 superstars that he can play with. No way he would even consider houston, and honestly i dont want him. He's too used to winning so if he had some bad games here he'd give up like he did in cleaveland

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know that Kevin McHale was one of the best post players ever right?

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Of course man! I didn't mean to insult your comment or anything... my comment was just related towards how McHale has been coaching as of lately. Nothing in regards to who McHale is/was as in individual. Sorry if you felt insulted.

Mr. D

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Until Dwight start hitting those free throws, his a liability at the end of games.

But hey, with Harden playing, most teams will be in penalty by the 6 minute mark.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

You guys know this right, if we take Dwight, James Harden's game shrinks, but we will win a lot of games. It is simple Kobe has to sacrifice his game, but he isn't doing so. Kobe's ego is as big as whale, he will not accept being relegated to 2nd option. If we want Dwight, we better ask Harden because Superman would want the ball down the stretch.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Supposedly the rumor right now is Howard to Atlanta for Horford and stuff. I'm curious if Morey will get into this, or if Howard's supposed dislike of the city will prevent us from going for him. Horford's a very good trade piece, but if Atlanta isn't willing to add a lot more to it, I think Asik + Parsons + stuff would be comparable.

Anyway, of all the places Howard can end up, Atlanta would be a hilarious destination after him spending all his energy trying to get to Brooklyn/LA the past two years. Say what you want about Lebron, but he at least planned his escape from Cleveland the smart way, and is looking like an absolute genius compared to Howard right now.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Harden and Lin are both great in pick and rolls and Dwight would be a great finisher, and as much as I like Asik defensively and rebounding wise, he is a terrible finisher on the move in traffic. Harden wouldn't have to give up as much as you might think. There are plenty of teams with multiple 20+ scorers, and Harden would still be the one getting the ball at the end of the game or when the shot clock is low if for no other reason than Dwight's terrible free throw shooting.

There is actually a pretty good chance that Dwight would consider Houston as a free agent if he actually decided to walk from the Lakers in the offseason. There aren't too many teams with cap space to pick from. Dallas, Atlanta and Houston being the only ones that come to mind. But if the Lakers decide to trade him, and the Nets offer up Brook Lopez, that is better than anything the Rocket's would likely be able to offer.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The same Dallas that's one game better than the Lakers?

[​IMG]