1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will the Rockets address the need for a Playmaker moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IronTexan93, Jun 25, 2015.

?

How will the Rockets address the need for a Playmaker at PG?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2015.
  1. Via Trade-Guys like Ty Lawson(Unlikely Now), Ricky Rubio, Kyle Lowry, etc.

44 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Via Free Agent Signing-Guys like Sergio Llull, Brandon Knight, etc.

77 vote(s)
    54.6%
  3. The Rockets might not even address this

20 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

So, since the Rockets will most likely not being trading back into the draft after selecting Sam Dekker and Montrezl Harrell, how do you feel the Rockets will address the need for a facilitator at PG? It's still an area of concern, and at this point, I genuinely don't even know or have a slight clue about what direction they might go, in regards to addressing this need. My best guess would be a trade. Ty Lawson is most likely off the table after stating he's "going to Sacramento", and I'm not even sure on the status of signing Sergio Llull, nor do know enough about his game as a passer even if we did sign him. I hope Morey has some type of plan up his sleeve, because I think it would be a huge mistake to go into the season leaving this need unaddressed.

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

this one wont be locked. lol

3. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

yeah, it's kind of ironic myself and another poster both request to have our threads locked, and after some time has passed, we start another thread again lol.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

5. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I thought i heard a report during the draft about Ty Lawson opting out or something like that. They then went on to say he may be heading to Sacramento I think.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Just because Lawson said he's going to Sacramento doesn't mean jack. It's probably what he truly believes. Last news I heard was that the king were discussing a potential deal with rondo (one year). I'm not convinced he's headed to the Kings. We need to go all in for him imo. Loved our draft selections, snagging Lawson would complete an excellent haul

7. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I say through signing, probably Llull

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

How will the Rockets address the need for a Playmaker moving forward?

Well, let's see, wait...did you say "forward"? That's it! Forwards. We need more forwards. That'll fix the issue.

Just kidding. In all seriousness, teams at the level the Rockets are can't expect to fix their holes through the draft. Only bad teams use the draft to fix holes -- which is why it typically takes several years for bad teams to rebuild through the draft. For teams that are competing for the NBA title, the draft is for adding depth and addressing team needs before they even develop (adding the guy that will replace a guy currently filling the role).

No, the Rockets were never going to address their need for more playmaking ability on the perimeter through the draft. It was always going to come through a free agent signing like Llull or a trade for someone like Lowry or Lawson -- or, even more likely, both (because we really need to add more playmaking and playmaking depth in case of injury).

1 person likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It will likely be Llull and resigning KJ while losing Brewer and Smith.

Prepare yourself for the inevitable.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Jeremy Lin

12. AnHero

AnHero Member

need to get rid of t jones, k pap, prig.

resign bev or brewer(one or both). sign lull.

I dunno if this is even possible but it is a heck of a team if dekker and harrell are halfway decent.

bev/lull/terry
    harden/brewer
    ariza/dekker/
    Smith/d-mo/harrell
    Dwight/Capela

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hopefully Lawson.

But in all likely hood it will probably be Llull while also losing Brewer and possibly Smith. Hopefully that will be enough to appease Harden. If I'm Morey I'm doing all I can to make him happy

14. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Probably Sergio but I bet he starts in place of Beverly. They can't pay both Patrick and Sergio loads off money and one comes off the bench.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Can we even afford to sign Llull, bring back Bev, sign the rookies and bring back Brew\Smith?

16. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

No, brewer and smith want to come back and likely will, especially Smith. Dekker is brewer insurance but it's likely both are back and will be joined by Llull along with the rookies. This team lost only to the eventual c h amps in 5 games, we don't need to replace 4-5 players, we need to add a piece or 2 to an already top 3 NBA team. Open your eyes...

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't see how we can keep everyone and bring over Llull plus sign the rookies.

18. Ratman

Ratman Member

Get rid of tjones and dont resign bev and bring over lull. If that's possible i think thats our best option. Wed still need a backup pg really but if we have
    Lull/??
    Harden/brewer
    Ariza/kj?/dekker
    D-mo/Smith/dekker
    Howard/capela/D-Mo
    Thats a pretty versatile line up and with another year to gel we get a bit better for sure.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I guess everyone is in agreement that Jones has peaked? Strange.

20. Ratman

Ratman Member

I just feel like he is very inconsistent and also we have 3 pfs right now and id rather have smith over jones and then we have d-mo and we have capela and howard at the 5 so might as well put him in a trade for a guard to help harden imo.