1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will the Osweiler contract turn out?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Mar 9, 2016.

?

How will his contract turn out?

1. Complete Bust

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Underperform

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Perform about average

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Perform above average

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  5. Franchise QB

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is a poll. I personally thing this was a kelvin Cato signing. Getting paid based on a few games. At least they weren't preseason games.

I think he will be ok, but not $18 million dollars good. Maybe as good as Fitz, but fitz got 6 years 60 mil. Maybe that is 18 mil in today NFL.

I could also be completely wrong where it turns out like the harden contract where we thought he was great and turned out to be a super star.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I don't know what the poll means. The question is about his contract...so is it "he'll perform average relative to his contract" or "he'll perform average relative to the NFL" ? I assumed the latter.

Also, even if he's as good as Fitz, Osweiler is younger than he was, with a higher ceiling (and similar floor imo) than Fitz had at the time. And yeah, $24M guaranteed (Fitz in 2011) is easily the same as $37M guaranteed in 2016 with the Flacco/Kaep/Tannehill contracts behind us and escalating each year

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

umm..I voted for "franchise QB" because that's what his contract says!!! The contract itself is very happy. I think it was printed on some of the finest hemlock the woods have to offer.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I kind of ignored the thread title since the poll didn't seem to have much to do with it.

I said above average. That's based on very little real info. But in general BO'B seems to be able to get more out of guys that others and if they believe that Brock is already good enough to get a big contract, then they should be able to get at least above average numbers out of him. For this coming season, that might mean roughly the same numbers Hoyer put up, but maybe Osweiler won't **** the bed completely come playoff time (assuming we make it).

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think he becomes slightly better than Hoyer.