1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will Marcus Camby impact our team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Camby isn't going to start over Dalembert?

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He'll increase the age of our team.

He and Fisher are #6 and #7 on the list of oldest active NBA players.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least we had Camby and Mutombo at some POINT in the career

Man wished to have him in their primes though

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He can at least push Dalembert for the starting spot, this will hopefully bring out the best in Sam.

5. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

It's all been said here except that the quality of ganja in the locker room will also definitely improve!

1 person likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

He and Derek can sit on the bench and compare their AARP cards.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What on earth would be the point of tanking to get the #9 pick in the draft?!?

If we're lucky we'll get that from the Knicks anyway.

Season is too far gone to tank now, so let's make the playoffs and, IF we're going to blow it all up, blow it up in the offseason.

1 person likes this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luis Scola's game will open up now.

Having 48 minutes of defense, rebounding, and the occasional post up will do wonders for this team.

1 person likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dalembert definitely brings more on offense at this point, but Camby will really help our defense and rebounding and provide some veteran leadership. He seems a good candidate for that little $2.5M MLE thing we have in the offseason, too, and he can finish out his career in his home city.

Also we can finally play big against teams like Minnesota and deal with two 7-footer lineups.

I think Camby does a good job solidifying our playoff spot, and heck, even Fisher is probably an upgrade over Flynn just because he takes care of the ball and plays better fundamental defense.

1 person likes this.
  10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lol what?

Look at the teams behind us. Tanking can give us what, the 12th or 13th pick at best?

I'd rather fulfill the debt to New Jersey giving us flexibility with our future 1sts instead of taking some other mediocre 12th-14th pick player.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Scola's job will be much easier like when Yao was here. I rather be in Rockets' position than Blazers who were just 2.5 games from Houston, they just blew up everything.

1 person likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

he will impact it a million fold more than hill, thabeet or flynn.

People are complaining about making a move to make us better than what we had
    :confused:

1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Compared to Hill? Camby can still play. No, he isn't what he used to be, but he can still play, and better than Hill. I'm pleased with that deal.

1 person likes this.
  14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

LOL you should rethink before posting. Portland is a complete disaster. We are not a complete disaster. First of all, we have a much better chance at winning a playoff series with the moves we made. The good free agents want to go to a team that has a legitimate shot at a finals appearance.

The 09er's were a waste to have to begin with and now we have some veterans to provide some leadership and teach our young guys a few tricks. We picked up 2 players that's making our coach nut in his pants.

For the sake of arrogance, have faith in your team.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Portland is a disaster? It wasn't too long back that they were looking pretty good. They'll have bunch of cap room this summer, their own lottery pick, and (probably) a lottery pick from the Nets. And, of course, they still have Aldridge, IMO a top 3 PF in the league.

They're fine. Honestly, I think their future looks better than ours. Hope I'm wrong.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Th health insurance premium will increase.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Oh they're fine? Really? Their coach lost complete control of their team. They have lost 2 of their best players (Roy/Oden). If you are a Portland fan, then I understand your frustration. If you are not a Portland fan, then you really need to look at reality. I don't care if they have a lottery pick, they have busted on all of their lottery picks and history repeats itself.

I do agree that Aldridge is a top 3 PF in the league. However, he won't even get you into the playoffs, much less get a playoff series win. Portland is in shambles and they know it. Why would would they throw the white flag in now? Look at their last 8-10 games. They are done and will be for the next few years.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah... if I were Portland I would probably have shipped Aldridge out for a huge rebuild package. He's a fantastic player, but he's not a carry-a-franchise type big because he's not really a two-way player. I think they will struggle to be competitive within the course of his contract, and his presence will keep them just below average (like they are now) to where they don't get top lottery picks.

Maybe they'll trade him in the offseason if they can't make big free agent pickups though.