1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How was Parsons against Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smuduffy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I missed the game, but how was Parson's play against Lebron? Obviously stats didn't look good, but I was curious if he made it tough at all for him or if Lebron just used his big size difference to bully him around and push him out of the way?

Hoping Parsons can bulk up a little more before next season so he can handle the bigger 3s.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Parsons length really disrupted LeBron in the first half. And Parsons went off with 19 points in the first half.

And then LeBron took over. :(

3. AFS

AFS Member

The possessions I saw where they were matched up, I thought Parsons played good D.

4. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

He looked great and his stat line was nothing to snooze at. 23pts / 6 reb/ 4 stl / 2 a/ 1blk

5. monster

monster Member

I think Parsons played very well. His D was solid in the 1st half, but Lebron couldn't miss in the 2nd.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The effort was outstanding, but Lebron is like man playing against boys.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Parsons played great when there was a center in the game with him.:rolleyes:

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is nothing an individual defender can do when he goes around a pick. He's too big, too fast, and has too much skill. You need a good help defender to show hard on him. He's the most talented player that has ever played the game.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Um...

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yet both of our shotblockers were on the bench in that 4th quarter SMFH.

11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Centers aren't needed in the 4th quarter

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

WHAT? So if a guy is getting to the rim AT WILL, it isn't a good idea to put a shotblocker in the middle?

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I watched every minute of the game, and many of Lebron's second half points are put up against Budinger. Parsons did fantastic and Lebron was frustrated the whole game before taking over in the last 3 minutes.

This is a career best(points and high efficiency) night for Parsons, and on the NBATV Miami commentator praised Parsons all night long.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Could be true in terms of raw physical talent. Probably is, in fact. Rockbox didn't say LeBron is the most skilled player to ever play the game.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Honestly Parsons guarded Lebron better than Ive seen most "elite" defensive players play him. His size, and footspeed really seemed to frustrate Lebron enough that Lebron had to really elevate his game in the 4th quarter.

The one overlooked positive of this season is Chandler Parsons. Any rookie that has his abilities and can go toe to toe with Durant, Kobe, and Lebron for 3 1/2 quarters deserves to be looked at as a major piece of a franchise going forward.

-I also think that one of the mistakes made by McHale & co. over the 7 of 8 loosing streak to throw away the playoffs is how the Rockets have gone away from allowing Parsons to initiate the offense. I love Dragic, but he was stealing alot of the credit for the winning streak that really had alot to do with Parsons initiate the offense that was so much more efficient then we have seen lately.

When he initiates the offense, good things just seem to happen. If you have him stand in the corner waiting for a 3... well.... you end up giving more minutes to Budinger and going on a 7 game loosing streak.

17. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

Lebron was llucky to made late 3. All game around. Parson was defending good on Lebron. Lebron missed lot of shots.. He got lot of screen help too..

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wow those are some great stats for Parsons.

Who was guarding Parsons for most of the first half?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think they threw Mike Miller & James Jones at him alot of the first half. Lebron guarded him in spurts, but they put Lebron on Dragic alot.

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Parsons was owning LilBJ. Even with moving screens and his usual traveling, he was getting shut down. Most of his points came against Budinger and Lee.