1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How was Green today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Feb 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dei

Dei Member

First off, couldn't watch the game. Looked at the box scores and saw Gerald Green get 6 points in roughly 3 minutes. Dunno if it was garbage time, but how did he look?

2. FFz

FFz Member

he can jump... but im guessing you already knew that.

He didn't look too lost but he was only there for a few possessions and our defense those possesions was jsut basically foul the other team.

3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

he was aggresive on the offensive glass and seemed to be in the right place at the right time. his second bucket was a goaltend, and his 3rd was a dunk along the baseline. Hopefully it gets his confidence up... his defense and movement on offense was suspect so I hope he can up the energy on his next outing.

4. ekim

ekim Member

All easy baskets if I remember correctly. He didn't really show much except for his incredible athleticism.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Blew at least one defensive assignment hardcore. Other than that... Not bad.

6. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Looked a bit lost to me...
    ...but that's to be expected

7. Dei

Dei Member

Errr... oxymoron? :confused:

Just saw the video of his dunk. He really is thin - near Shawn Livingston thin. I was afraid he'd have an awkward dribble like Rudy Gay but the dude really does move like Tracy.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

adding to that...he seemed very nervous. at one point he nervously retucked his jersey about 10 times when one of the wizards was shooting a free throw. it will be interesting to see how he develops.

9. moonset

moonset Member

not bad, i give him the score of 60, because of his frequent fouls

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol yeah. wondering what he was feeling being that it was his first game in front of the hometown crowd. i'm sure he shook off those butterflies with that first dunk. although, we shouldn't put too much stock as he did his damage in garbage time. still though, 6pts,2rebs in 3mins is not bad at all. seriously though, he did put the icing on the cake to finish off a great game.

11. scola4president

Can anyone tell how Bjax missed all his shots???

Didnt get to catch the whole game but I saw Greens dunk and it was sick.

12. user

user Member

He's green.

13. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

NOICE!!!

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

His shots just werent falling. He had 7 assists and ran the offense well though.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Gerald can work himself in to some PT..

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

defense will be his biigest curve. he lokked real raw out there.

17. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Man, we got some serious dunkers on our team. T-Mac, Green... uh, Landry!

But yeah, Green was a good addition for a team considering what we paid for him. I don't think he's ever gonna work his way up to being a good, solid starter, but with some work I think he could grow into an asset coming off the bench and being a roleplayer on a solid team like ours.

If he's gonna find some decent playing time now would be the perfect time to start excelling and showing what he can do. Here's to hoping he can come into his own in Adelman's system and start contributing 10 mins. a night or something.

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I laughed when Luther lobbed the ball for him to throw it down and he just caught it and then laid it up. He and Luther were laughing. You could tell he wanted to have that one back...

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You would have said the same thing about Toronto Tmac, Boston's Billups, etc... sometimes it takes a player a little longer to develop and I think Gerald will be that player