1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How upset will you be if the Rockets do NOT trade TMac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wakkoman05, Feb 10, 2010.

?

How would you feel if we don't make a trade for Tmac before the trade deadline?

1. Very Upset - We would've been an exciting team to watch with the possibility of a playoff run.

116 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Disappointed – Am unsure whether trading Tmac is smart, but I want to see a new face in the lineup.

177 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Okay - This was probably the best long-term decision for the team.

131 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Ecstatic - This was a great decision. Now we can go for a big name this offseason!

31 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. wakkoman05

wakkoman05 Member

I have personally been dreaming all season of how the Rockets roster would look post February 19th (the looming trade deadline). There has been talk of a few plausible trades (involving Butler and Haywood or Iguodala and Dalembert), either of which I know I would be happy with versus the alternative, which is watching TMac rot on our bench for the rest of the season and letting his contract expire. This leads me to the question, how upset will you be if the Rockets DON'T trade TMac before the deadline?

1 person likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]
    Jking, I dont really care to be honest.......

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Disappointed. I think it will be hard to get a good to great player in the offseason. Butler or Iggy would both be nice. Bosh would be interesting.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

meh...It would just mean we're headed to the lottery and we'll have a great pick.

I think if that happens Battier is as good as gone before next season.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i'd be quite ticked. The only bright side is that we would basically screw over Tmac and repay him for shafting the team and his teammates last year.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

You mean Tracy might not get traded?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXA21RL9-IY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXA21RL9-IY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  8. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

PISSED.....that we could not get SOMETHING for him. SOMETHING.

9. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Almost as upset as I am at the fact that there's another poll asking this question multiplied by my anger at the fact that there is no poll despite the thread title stating otherwise.

In all seriousness, I'd be pretty upset if we don't get back a significant piece for him. It's not just enough for me that we trade for expirings to get under the cap... with all the rumors, I want a Butler, Iggy, Martin, etc.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not at all. No deal is better than a bad deal.

11. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Won't be upset. We don't need to bring on a player and or money if the organization feels where better without it in the long run.

12. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

extremely pissed. you banish a player and you effectively ruin his career. very classy houston.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

where is the poll ????

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Is that McNolty? And I agree with everyone else No deal> bad deal.

15. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Finally my network backed up, but to the OP, where's the poll? I wanna see the options.

For me, if T-Mac doesn't get traded and eventually rots his ass away from the team, I couldn't care less about whether or not his departure with the Rockets comes, just make a right move at the right time to make the team better, that'll suffice.

16. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Why are all you people not seeing a poll? It's there for me.

:confused:

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Right now the only thing that could get me upset would be doing a bad trade. Even not trading him leaves strong possibilities when this summer arrives. But I would be happy to get Butler/Haywood for him though if that's all we can get.

However, some of the other horrible trade ideas being talked about I would rather have T-Mac in this roster 'til summertime than do any of them.

I'm certain Morey will not be stupid enough to do a bad trade that will make us suffer in the long run.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Cant blame Houston.

Remember - 'it's on me'

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If T-Mac is a superstar, he can sign with a new team next year like Iverson did for 2 years. He'll be back making max money again.

If he is not a superstar, then his career wasn't ruined by Houston. Houston was right that he sucked and would ruin chemistry.

20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

nice thread buddy :grin:

I would be quite disappointed
    not b/c I would expect a strong playoff run when a big name gets here
    but because we wouldn't have too many options in the offseason (based on BimaThug's thread) to sign a big name.

Plus it's been so hyped up now (ie getting rid of tmac, as well as Morey's genius) that I'm almost expecting an awesome player to arrive in Houston by this deadline.