1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to watch games without going the torrent route

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texxaslonghorn, Nov 4, 2014.

1. texxaslonghorn

I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death. I, however, am new and this message board has TONS of users. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question.

Anyway, I have Comcrap at home, but I'm on the road almost every week. As we all know, Comcrap streams ESPN, TNT, etc., but they don't stream CSN Houston. I freakin' hate Comcrap (sorry If they are a sponsor).

I found the thread about torrents, etc., but I really don't want to go that rout. And I don't really want to use Front Row.

I should probably just invest in a Sling Box. Anyway, is it possible to watch the non-nationally televised games online without messin' with torrent, etc. I don't want a virus . . . .

Alright, let the flaming begin . . . .

PS I watch the Ariza highlights from last night. AWESOME! Who need Mr. Parsons?

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why not buy league pass or ballstreams?

3. ipa

ipa Member

You do not get viruses with torrents. I have used them for a while now and did not get anyviruses... Anyways... another solution is this:

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/forumdisplay.php?15-Partidos-en-descarga-(Full-matches)

here you get all the games ripped by reborn4hd, and he posts links to a fileshare service. You can download every quarter.

How to download from the fileshare service?

option1: you buy premium account for that fileshare provider
    option2: go here: http://cboxforeveralone.com/, register on that chatbox, and paste the link... you will get a link for a premium speed connection, only by going over some ads.

Hope this helps! :)

4. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

vipbox.tv

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Just bite the bullet and buy league pass. The only downside to league pass(and I don't know if they have since corrected it) is they don't show you the nationally televised games which is particularly frustrating at the end of the season when playoff implication games are shown on national TV more and that tends to include Rockets games.

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

You can't stream CSN through the comcast app? That's wack!

Ballstreams is the answer. It's better than League Pass because it'll even stream the nationally televised games. You can live stream all NBA games and even watch the games once they have finished. It costs $100 for 1 year subscription or $60 for a 6 month subscription I think.

I had it all of last season and it worked really well. I bought a Chromecast this year and have been streaming the games on my tv with the "Ball Cast" app on android and it has been really great.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ballstreams.com

8. Awkh

Awkh Member

I'm using NBA League Pass with HotSpotSHield VPN software almost as HD quality - little 3 secs lag at time but overall works marvelous and looks great in my 40' HD TV.
    I'm using direct HDMI cable connection from pc to TV.

Other alternatives I used before:

www.rojadirecta.me - 'sometimes' you can find watchable TV quality

atđhe.net - just as good as FirstRowSports quality

Heard others use BallStreams etc. Best bet grabbing NBA League Pass. IF YOU live outside of Houston like I do.

9. Manos

Manos Member

I use Ballstreams and buy the 6 months for $60. I start my season at the start of the regular season, which lasts just long enough to get to the playoffs. So I get a full year of games, (I don't really care about preseason and post season is on cable), and instead of paying $100 for the full year, I pay $60 for the full season, its cheap and if you have a decent internet connection, the quality is good. I guess you could pay for a full year @ $100 and freeze every six months and get 2 seasons for $50 a piece if money is tight.

10. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Ballstresms is the only way to go. Idk why anyone wouldn't get it at this point tbh. If you can't afford sixty bucks for six months of NBA in very good and reliable quality, take a seat.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Or just get League Pass for $199. $2.30 a game. If needed a virtual IP address obtained through a VPN or a remote server will cost you $4 a month. Feeds like Front Row are basically unwatchable. League Pass allows you to watch and re-watch games to your hearts content.

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

This, i just got it for my first time. Money well spent :). They also got an app for IOS and Android that come very handy when i am out an about

13. newAge_Rockets

14. bmd

bmd Member

I have a sling adapter with my Dish Hopper. It works great. I can watch any channel on my tv and any recorded shows from my phone, laptop, etc. from anywhere.

I don't have CSN Houston, but since you do, you'd be able to watch with a Sling.

But if all you want to do is watch basketball, get League Pass.

Ball Streams is a gray area as far as legality is concerned. If you don't want to use torrents or first row because you want to play it straight, then Ball Streams isn't for you, either.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So are the Rockets game still not televised?

I'm in Dallas...

T_Man

16. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Exactly. Better than League pass.

17. texxaslonghorn

Thanks for all the advice. I'm not too worried about the legality, so it looks Ballstreams is what I'll do.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The links in the download thread aren't only torrents. They are mostly torrents, but sometimes offer direct downloads of the video file per quarter or half. Sometimes they also have links where you can just watch the video online.

Just click the "download" link, not the torrent link. then scroll through that thread to find the different options.

For example, click on the sixers link (http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthr...ouston-Rockets-Philadelphia-76ers-(2014-11-03)) and in that thread scroll down to "VK online." Those are links to the first and second halves. No downloading. Here's the first half:

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-11540365&id=170666487&hash=a8cd04fdaecbb71c

19. texxaslonghorn

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

For tonight's game against the Heat only: watch NBA League Pass free preview.