1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to watch football without cable.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigMaloe, Dec 9, 2013.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So i have i never decided to buy cable at my new place, instead opting for internet hulu and netflix. No regrets or complaints on that front. I typically goto my moms and watch football with my family all sunday, and monday or thursday accordingly. But my brother recently cancel his cable service that she was using to cut back his spending.

I am very familiar with illegal streaming sites like p2p4u and firstrow etc... I currently LOVE my ballstreams account for the rockets. but i want to be able to watch football at any time as well. Last week i watched the saints game on vipbox at, its just so difficult to enjoy because of the low quality and choppiness of the lag.

I was trying to figure out if i can get the watch espn app, but you need to have a cable provider. is there a way around this? i looked but cant find a way. Is there any sites or apps were i pay a small monthly fee similiar to hulu/netflix for football?

please remember im a broke college student living on my own working full time. i cant afford some ridiculous plan or a cable provider at this moment. Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you live in an urban area, a simple pair of rabbit ears will get you all of the regular local channels in true HD.

1 person likes this.
  3. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

It's not applicable for this year anymore, but Madden often offers a special package where you get the game and NFL Sunday Ticket for $100. You get a free trial account for a year, you don't need cable service, and you can use it on any mobile device.

And if you don't want the Madden game, you could always just resell it for around $50.

1 person likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

well i have an antenna on top of the house and i ran cable to my tv. i get some basic channels but they cut out alot and i dont get them all( I live in magnolia). but i am interested in espn as well for monday night games.

i have madden so i must have missed this. seems to be too late for that option since you said its not applicable this year anyways.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

6. BigMaloe

i will do that if it is bettter than this

[​IMG]

although that doesnt fix my problem with espn on monday night, and possibly nflnetwork on thursday night.

oh and :eek: just because your swoly.

:cool:

7. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

This is kind of annoying, but there's a way to access NFL Game Pass, which is only available in countries outside of the US and streams every single game.

You'd have create an international iTunes account, which you'd only need to download the app. Then you'd need to find a VPN masking service (not that difficult) so the app can't trace your location.

If you're interested, I could post some more specifics.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I won't lie to you. My parents have that, and the amplified one is WAY BETTER than theirs. :cool:

Oh, and because you're BigMaloe... no, never mind, I don't have a silly question, I'll research stuff on my own.

;)

1 person likes this.
  9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Use Google Chrome, install the AdBlock extension, download VLC Player, go to http://serioussportstv.net/ and enjoy.

The only problem that I run into with that is when a big boxing fight is on, it tends to lag. UFC/NBA/NFL have given me no problems.

1 person likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

sounds difficult but maybe, what is the cost of this service? i also dont own any apple devices if that matters?

11. BigMaloe

thanks for everything ricksmith

quick question do i have to open the site on the player or no?

#11 BigMaloe, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  12. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

You can find free VPN services like this one: http://www.nlfreevpn.com. You just have to update the password every day I think.

But I have no idea how the process works without Apple devices. I tried looking up other options and they seem pretty complicated. Sorry, lol.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

In the top right corner of the browser, click the button that has your settings, history, bookmarks, etc. Go to the one labeled "Tools" and click on "Extensions"

Then click on Get more extensions and search for AdBlock. Click on the blue "+ Free" button to add it to your browser.

14. BigMaloe

do i watch it straight from the site or do i open it in vlc? i tried opening in vlc, but no luck with the espn channel. but it does look decent straight from the site, thanks.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

ustvnow . com

You get 6 free channels in FULL HD.

You won't get all the games, but you'll get a couple.

I watched the Auburn-Alabama game and SF-Seattle game yesterday and it was crystal clear.

And i'm streaming from Europe with ****ty bandwith.

I'll probably buy NFL TV next year though.

1 person likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

pretty nifty thanks. with my current antenna situation i cant pick up fox and abc. i get 6 free channels on this site and they are just basic cable channels but it helps none the less.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm wondering about this as well. I have VLC but it will not load in the browser and I can't open it locally.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sweet.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thank you very much.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Find Bishop.

Kidding. The posts above sum it up