1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to the Rockets beat the Warriors & Spurs in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do the Rockets have enough to overcome the top teams in the West in the playoffs? If not, what do they do to put them in position to do so by April?

I would think that the enemy force that the Rockets have to plan to face are Warriors, who beat them 4-1 last season, and the Spurs with the addition of LaMarcus (who gave them a lot of trouble two years ago). Clippers probably fall off the radar significantly. Maybe OKC if healthy?

I suppose one can just hope for better health and growth of younger guys to make things happen, but I kind of doubt that Morey will live on hope.

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I think injuries play into your question more than anything else. I think a healthy Rocket's team takes either to 7 games. Then, it's a tossup.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

1. We aren't done with the offseason. Still plenty of moves.
    2. Bev can shut down Curry. DMo can expose Green and Bogut.
    3. We have Dwight Howard. If your best defensive option for DMo and Howard is Aldridge and 40 year old TD, you're done for.

4. VictorB

VictorB Member

How do the beat them? With good health and made free throws.

5. King901

King901 Member

See who is injured, make a gameplan then?

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

By winning four out of seven games.

7. JD88

JD88 Member

Stay healthy.

Zero doubt in my mind if Bev and Dmo were playing in the WCF Houston could have been up 2-0 going back to the TC.

We missed Bev bad. In a conference littered with star point guards, the lack of his defense killed us.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm more scared of the thunder

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kind of a hard question to answer.

Does the Warriors series change if we have Dmo and Beverley?

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Health, which means we need some more depth at PG and backup SG.

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

we wont....spurs and warriors wcf finals is a lock.
    we are screwed

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're right Carl...I don't think "Hope" is a variable that Morey uses in his equations.

Will be hard to believe we go into the season with the same team as last year. At the very least we'll get Stuckey or something.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. rocketsmetalspd

Oh really, will see what happens next season. Rockets will be ready to disappoint the nay sayers once again.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

If healthy we still have more depth than the Spurs and we're an athletic squad which will be hard for them to match. Other than Kawhi lol. Warriors are a long shot though. They brought all their guys back, and have a third year of being together. Their chemistry should be hard to match. Plus their shooters are better than ours.

I'm more concerned with the thunder to be honest.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I'm gonna tell everybody this and every body knows this already. .....if Dwight makes his free throws we freaking win the whole dam thing! Until then we will continue to lose the tight playoff games. He will be sent to the line, Hakeem made his down the stretch. ...Dwight and the combination of Josh will not work unless they learn how to shoot.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We dont.

The team needs to be upgraded.

We are not beating a healthy Warriors, Spurs, or OKC in a seven game series.

You acquire the talent first and then look at other factors.

Rockets are not there yet.

If I am those three teams I can easily exploit the following weaknesses of the Rockets:

1) Hole at PG
    2) Hole at PF
    3) Concentrated perimeter playmaking (JHarden)
    4) Pitiful FT shooing
    5) Heavy reliance on 3 point shooting but not having the best 3 point shooters.

Sorry, too many exploitables.

Need to narrow that list down.

3 people like this.
  18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Two of our best players (D12 and Josh) will not be in the game during the crucial 4th quarters because they cannot consistently make free throws. I don't understand why we don't understand this as fans. As a result, we are unable to get stops on defense and now that the Spurs have added the Rocket killer LMA, it's a wrap unless the Spurs bench is ineffective and Duncan/Ginobili falls off.

Both Pop and Kerr will intentionally foul both to make McFail move to a Tjones (not that much better from the line)/Dmo front court, which will get exposed on defense.

Since everyone on here confirms that neither D12 and Josh will improve drastically from the line what are we going to do?

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

For the last time. There. Is. No. Hole. At. PF. We have DMo and Jones. And likely Josh Smith too. We are fine at PF.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

With style, petite. With style.

1 person likes this.