1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How to talk to random strangers on Facebook

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rafi, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Some very good looking girl tried to add me this week. I had no idea who she was. I messaged her asking if I knew her. She didn't respond. I knew she wouldn't because I don't know any good looking women.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Would be a different outcome if it was me in that profile picture

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In my head this thread title reads, "Does anyone know how to talk to random strangers on FACEBOOK?"

1 person likes this.
  5. Rafi

Rafi Member

hahaha - was about to say the same thing.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That seems like a straight up PRIVATE MESSAGE and that the guy sending it first didn't know or have the girl as a "friend."

AGAIN, that in itself is "creepy."

People go around left and right requesting friends, and I have at least the decency to say:
    "I am sorry, but did we meet somewhere? I do not remember you."
    And they politely respond with
    "Sorry, I thought you were somebody else"
    or "Oh, OK... I was just sending a request because you seem OK [nice] [a nice guy] [etc.]"
    or "Ah, ok... sorry! Since my brother knows you, I asked and he was cool with me friending you"
    or whatever response... :cool: I don't mind rejecting people.

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Oh, that was you other day. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

That girl is just rayciss.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Dear heavenly blessed beauty........;)

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You mean you want to lie? :p

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, the younger generations have NO game, do they?? Just tell her that you noticed that she was friends with "so and so", and that she looked familiar, and like someone that seems fun to know. Then ask her how she knows your mutual friend, make fun of a quirk that your mutual friend has that's light-hearted and funny, make a joke or two about how totally NOT awkward it is to be messaging a random stranger (obviously being sarcastic),let her know that you just really enjoy getting to know fun and interesting people, and then tell her to keep in touch if she'd like. If she messages you back, and seems engaging, then continue to keep emailing her.....but always keep it light-hearted and funny. Sprinkle in things about your life, and ask her questions about herself, but never take things in a more serious direction. Nobody wants to feel like they've being interviewed or something.....you're just having a conversation with a new, interesting person.

After a solid chain of back and forth, and once you feel like you've got a good sense of her personality, then ask her if she'd like to meet you for some coffee, or dessert or something......obviously either after work/school one day, or after a day where you're out running errands or something. Again, the idea is to keep things casual and light-hearted. A real date is too heavy for a first meeting. But, if you guys seem to have good chemistry in person, and enjoy each other's company, that won't be far off. Remember, she's going to have her own way of manipulating the situation as well. If she likes you, she's going to give you signals. And also remember, this is just as much about YOU getting to know HER as it is vice-versa. If at any point she doesn't seem like someone you want to get to know better, you can exit the situation. This is just a little template to go by.

Just think about this.....us folks in our late 20s/early 30s had to do this IN PERSON. Nowadays, with technology the way it is, hollering at the womenfolk seems like a piece of cake.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hot girls don't want to meet random guys on facebook. there is no way to not appear creepy if you're doing this.

13. SwoLy-D

Good stuff, Fyreball, but you're encouraging the "no game" generation to stay behind the keyboard... :grin:

That's what he can be doing in real life, can't he?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Girls nowadays are so materialistic. b**** wanted to my wallet, I haz $1. She laughed.

Remember I said I had a flip phone?

15. Rafi

Rafi Member

please be my mentor

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BEAakGOwSqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems legit.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. SwoLy-D

^ :grin: How do you know? WHO TOL' YOU?!?!?

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

A normal, sane hot girl won't add you unless you know her personally or you're Brad Pitt. Sorry, bruuh.

20. Rafi

Rafi Member

Attempt #1 - tested it on a girl that i didn't really care about, just incase it backfired

[​IMG]

not sure if this is a fail or success

1 person likes this.