1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Spot a Baby Conservative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Phi83, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Phi83

Phi83 Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Conservatism does not necessarily equal conformity.

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well then that is perfect. That is really my only point. I'm not really trying to make a political point by how you were raised. I'm just saying you need to strike a balance between raising your kids too strictly or too loosely for that matter. It sounds as though your parents hit the mark.

Growing up, most kids I remember from staunchly conservative households also raised their kids in a pretty strict sense.

There are exceptions to every rule but those exceptions often validate the rule rather than disprove it.

Sorta. Except generally by definition, being liberal means that you are encouraged to develop your own individuality. ...unless of course that individuality is being openly conservative. If you are a liberal, you can be anybody you want with one exception. ;)

As opposed to A&M. There you gotta be in the core and dress EXACTLY like all of your classmates. Would you argue that conforming at A&M means something VERY different than conforming at Berkley?

It sounds as though you are making an assumption about a place you know little about. Untrue?

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It depends on who is dictating the norms.