1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how to post picture and video

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BruceHR, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Sorry, Im a rookie at this aspect, could someone can help me?

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Where is the source of the picture/video? Is it saved on your computer or what?

3. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

vedio is saved in the computer, while pictures are both saved in the computer and in nets

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

You need to have hosting for the video/picture and link to them on here.

Pictured can be linked with the [ I M G ] tag; it's the picture of the little mountain at the top of where you're typing.

Video can either be embedded from Youtube or linked. But, to my knowledge, ClutchFans doesn't host videos for BBS posters.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Your photos and videos have to be hosted somewhere.

Videos: Vimeo, Youtube, etc.

Pictures: imageshack.us, etc.

6. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Have a try
    [​IMG]

7. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

[​IMG]

Click reply on this post to see the difference between mine and yours.

The reason post six did not work is you are trying to make an entire web page into a picture. To get a picture's location, right click and select "Copy Image Location." Put that in between the img tags.

A lot of sites don't want their bandwidth being sapped by people posting their pictures to other sites, and will put up something else if you do. Normally you want to copy it to a site like photo bucket or image shack before you embed it here, or the site it is coming from may disable it.

9. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

The difference betweem you and me is mine have "?v=1" behind **.jpg[​IMG]

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Best explained by the "IMG" posting FAQ: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode .

Usually, a video will not be linked in its native format (windows video, quicktime, real video, etc.), but in Flash format as given by the site. YouTube videos have an "embed" code on the right side, below the information section of the individual video. Most places will allow you to cut-n-paste some HTML code that begins with < embed > or < object > . :cool:

11. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

many thanks, my friends.