1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to move on?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bladeage, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Take it easy with drinky drinky, man. She broke you heart, no need to let her break your liver too.

Self-medication can work but you need to do something constructive with the respite it buys you. Write a poem, knit a sweater, dabble in BDSM, whatever get you off, just don't let yourself drink and stagnate.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

yeah dude, chill with drinkin that fast. Drink but slowly so that youll enjoy it more when youre buzzing.

3. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

been there, done that, bro.
    I've had my heart broken before, but after months of agony comes the clarity. You realize that you weren't supposed to be with this person and that she wasn't all she was cracked up to be. That there are other women out there, better ones. More thoughtful, prettier, smarter, funnier, etc.

I think that right about now, you should focus on your real loved ones. Your family and close friends and try to spend time with them and enjoy their company.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Man, let's be friends. The worst is when you find out she's been sleeping with someone else, yet you have no one. Do yourself a favor, find a girl (any girl) and start hanging out with her.

If you don't, you're going to spend all your free time thinking about him and her and what they could be doing, which in turn, will only lead to you want to talk to her. Like a previous poster stated, you're going to think of all the good times and then start thinking about her and him. It'll hurt.

It sucks, I'm currently going through the same thing. Like you said, it'd be much easier if you didn't care. In fact, it'd be much easier if you hated her. It's going to hurt for a while, unfortunately. The fact that you care only makes it worse, but hold your head up high. Go out, talk to other girls, have fun. You're young, we're young. No need to be caught up in this "love" BS. Get it out of your system. When the time is right, she will come and you'll be happy. :)

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The depression is really kicking in hard. I can't even wake up without feeling like ****.

I had a dream last night... we were talking it out. And in the dream I said.. "I know this is a dream but I wish it wasn't" and i started crying and woke up. I'm such a punk. :( :(

6. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

most of us have been there man...it'll pass but you need to find a female to spend some time with to help the transition...that is the only thing that ever works for me

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You are handleing this the wrong way man. Keeping yourself busy must be the hardest part, but drinking until you pass out? I hope you go back and read your post....it should be a huge wakeup call. You can go and have fun without getting sh!tfaced....heck, Id have a brew with you. Dont worry man, you'll get through this. moballs@rocketmail.com

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That’s the root of the problem. Why do you care about someone who doesn’t care about you? Not healthy….

I know this sounds simplistic, but you gotta let her go! She’s obviously already let you go so don’t give her the satisfaction of thinking about her for one more minute. Do you think she stays up at night and thinks about you? Do you think she drinks to numb the pain of not having you anymore? Do you think she has trouble at work because she can’t get over you? I’m gonna go with NO to all three of those questions. So why do you?

The last girl that broke up with me, man, I was really upset for about 3 days. She heard about it and called me to see if I was OK. I was very cold, distant and most importantly COMPOSED on the phone. All my answers were very short and when she ended the call, I hung up before she was finished saying goodbye. I wasn’t angry or rude or bitter. I was very cordial and polite – but still distant and cold.

I felt so good after that call because that was the moment I was truly over her. And I never thought about her again. That was the catalyst. I started pretending like it was her loss, not mine. And whattaya know, after a while I started to actually believe it. It didn’t take long either.

GET OVER HER AND MOVE ON. Save the sadness for when it’s really warranted. No one has ever died from a breakup. You hear about people dying in car wrecks every day. Their loved ones are left to pick up the pieces. Those are the people who should be sad. Not a perfectly healthy man with his whole life in front of him whose girlfriend broke up with him.

9. bladeage

You guys are right. Why the hell should I be acting like a punk over some chick that doesn't give two ****s about me?!

I appreciate everyones words, they really mean alot. I actually start school on tuesday so I'm sure there will be plenty of women to choose from.

I'll buy all you guys a beer, just name the time and place! thanks!

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

what kinda "beautiful memories" we talkin here?

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

ah.. to be simple.. most have it so easy..

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Ya theres pleanty of girls out there. Get out be sociable, hangout with friends. Drinking is okay but that goes with part of being sociable. If your drinking to passout and to forget stuff thats not healthy at all. Basically get out and do stuff anything. If you do that its a matter of time before you meet somebody else and shes just a distant memory...

The worst thing you can do is sit around and do nothing. It will eat you up thinking about her and what shes doing now...I

13. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Been there, can't eat, can't sleep, can't work. My school work at UH was poor and it all kicked in when my professor talked to me and said basically my work was trashy? I said to myself I am not going to let the w**** ruin my life, I changed my phone number (cus she called once in awhile). Went out every weekend got so many numbers and just started conversating with many girls, it worked. Also I picked up weightlifting again, which boosted my confidence real high. When I wasn't meeting girls at the club I would talk to them online and go from there. She was my 1st love, but now I look back and I just wish I had dumped her long before that happened. Now I am with a girl that is so much better than her in every way imaginable. So at the end she did me a favor.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

hang in there buddy. In due time things will get right again and you'll be able to move forward. As many others on here have mentioned, focus on your family and friends and when you have nothing to do, go lift some weights or do some other form of exercise.
    It'll be tough, you might cry sometimes but man, you ain't no punk. It happens to the best of us.

Hang in there man and you'll get through this period. :)

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

the following video should make things much easier for you..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fL0dYXJ62XI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fL0dYXJ62XI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

****ing crying @ booty buddy

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's not that simple. When you spend every day, every night talking to this person. When they've become such an important part of your daily regimen, it's hard to just stop. It's hard to get over it. It's not that simple.

Fact of the matter is, it's going to hurt. When you think about it, it's going to hurt. When you hear her name mentioned with another guy, it's going to hurt. However, it won't hurt forever.

Hold your head high man, you'll be all right. I mean, you love the Rockets. What more can a girl ask for? ;)

18. bladeage

You know thats something else that makes it hard. We always watched the Rockets games together. We always went to the games together. Now I can't even watch a damn game without thinking about her.

But I have felt better today and for the most part, yesterday. I took my first boxing lesson today, so I was too tired after that to care about anything else. The workout helped though. I'm feeling ok. Every so often I'll start thinking about her with that other guy and I'll get that twisting feeling in my gut. But I'll pop in some Mystery Science Theater 3000 and I'm back on track.

I've also been talking to a couple of girls. But I'm not really interested in them right now. We will see how next week goes, cause this past week was hell.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Even when you mean well, even when you're the most sincere respectful man on earth, you can be more SHALLOW than you realize. And its okay to go that direction. You were only in it for convenience of laying someone without having to chase around for it everday. You can get that again though. Just have to break out the tackle box and buy some new line for the fishing reel.

Or like in 40 Year Old Virgin how they were trying to set up with Paul Rudd with a girl. But he kept being all emo and bitter and focusing on his ex. All it took was him and the new girl to have a common connection, confide in each other the same bad experience, new girl then became new girlfriend.

Well, you see why some guys do the douchebaggy thing now. Screw practicality, you dont "have" to be hurt. NO PERSON owns your heart and emotions. Grab you a Men's Health magazine and a Maxim mag "Top 100 Sexiest" (#13 Hayden Panettierre, what a joke) use that free money to pay off debts, focus your energy on something productive. Such as making your ex jealous with the hotter younger girl you're with.

Until you give your heart and emotions away to another girl again. Its a cycle that WORKS

20. bladeage

Over 2 months later..and I have nothing but hate for her. I wish I didn't hate her but I do.

I'm actually talking to a couple girls now.. so things are looking up I guess. I'll be joining the Fire Academy in June! I've lost about 30 pounds and school is going great.