1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to deal with heartbreak...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 3, 2014.

1. DreamEarlNolan

My wife feels so sorry for me I might be able to get her to do something "special" for me tonight. Only bad thing is she might say no and I don't think I could handle another heartbreaking disappointment tonight.

2. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Just playing this on Steam for the next hour or so to release the evil. It's free anyways...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qReCtRhih6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Just use the L word.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Today's a painful reminder of why
    We can only get brighter
    The further you put it behind ya
    And right now I'm on the inside
    Looking out, cause

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4bqBA9ZkMg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Lando19

Lando19 Member

I wish I could have the time back I wasted reading your post

6. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

simple. blame lin.

7. Andrew Wiggins

He is right and wrong. First of all, the Parsons lay up made things worse. It gave us false hope and we've seen this happen many times before, but we were all insane enough to think no way anyone makes a shot with .9 seconds. Even our players. The swing is what killed it. We went from thinking this game is going to OT or we will lose to, WE WON! to WTF JUST HAPPENED, NO ****ING WAY--I CAN'T BELIEVE HE MADE THAT SHOT. Some of us didn't want to believe it and wanted to see if he stepped on the line or got it off in time, but us long timers knew what that shot meant right when he got it up and others even knew it would go in, thus ending our season.

Still, he is right because of the bandage thing. Wrong because of what I said above and the fact that had we been getting blown out we would have hated everyone who missed a shot, turned it over, etc. The players might have even turned on each other which is the last thing this team needs. A blowout is far worse, imo.

8. Andrew Wiggins

Yeah, I don't want to drink anymore. Thank goodness I don't smoke anymore.

Just pigged out and watching a terrible episode of Family guy on demand. Life goes on.

9. HPD

HPD Member

Buy a workn gal off backpage....$50 Quikkie

10. Andrew Wiggins

I mean I don't like to drink anymore.

11. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

THE NBA OWN US A REDO GAME....... Clock never ran when he had the ball in his hands so Houston Rockets fan we really won got cheated again bet it was a Portland persom handling the clock smh... [​IMG]

12. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

Life looks like it's worth living now thanks.

13. Andrew Wiggins

I timed the shot 3x to stop carpire's b****ing. I got 0.56 the first two times when I did it right (amazing, maybe I should be an NBA timekeeper because they suck in Portland). and 0.89 the third time and I started it clearly before he caught it and clearly after it left his hands. He got it up, and there is no point b****ing about how much the timekeepers suck. Do you think Lillard was looking at the shot clock or the basket? Exactly. He was in the zone. I think he misses the shot if his team is down/facing elimination and they aren't feeling the same pressure we felt considering they won 2/3 in Houston.

Also, what does it take to be an NBA ref? I wonder how much the job pays because it must not be much if this is the best we have to offer. Either nobody wants the job or it is a really hard club to break into and requires the same amount of training it takes to become a doctor...but we have plenty of those. Wait, Violet Palmer is a ref. I don't think you have to be smart. I am tired of seeing the same refs every single game. These guys suck. Hire new refs until the problem is resolved.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm not getting LeaguePass next season. Heck, we're not contenders. I'll just content myself with a few livestreamed games when schedule permits.

I didn't even watch all our games this season. Most of the time I just chose the closing quarters. It always seemed like the first half was throwaway because if we were playing well, we would often not sustain that level of play. Or second scenario--we would suck so bad in the first half, I would rather not watch at all.

I enjoyed Harden's first season better. That was when the offense was so explosive, it was fun to watch. This season was quite different.

So yeah, LeaguePass was a waste of money for me this year. Lesson learned.

15. varuscelli

varuscelli Member

Going to spend a week on the beach with friends and family -- fishing, boating, dining, exploring...whatever we feel like doing. Not happy about this year's season end but see very much to look forward to next season. It was a heck of an entertaining season all around with great potential for next year and beyond. Moving on to the next best thing...which, for now, is the beach. :cool:

16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Play nba2k and win the ring.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ahh yes. Also remember we have dished a couple of heartbreak shots. Ralph Sampson's shot around the world. Mario Ellie's kiss of death. Dreams tip in game one 95. So we are not without. Doesn't help much though.

18. dram1

dram1 Member

I actually feel better just reading this. This whole feeling definitely rings a bell during the 90's for my old-timer self. But I can say this....as I get older...it hurts a heck of a lot more. I actually felt real pain in my heart and thought I was going to need someone to drive me to the ER. And those that keep comparing the Lillard shot to BRoy's...stop...this one was 10 times bigger. BRoy hit a nice tough shot too now...but after he did it I changed the channel an watched "Friends"...Lillards...I still haven't recovered yet.

But I am excited that this team has such a bright future ahead of it. Because while I do remember the torture of the 90's many of Rox fans endured, I too remember the utter bliss I felt from those two magical years. Those were the best summers I ever had...going through summers knowing we were the champs. I want that again.

19. generalthade_03

I have a different take on this loss. It is no shame losing to the Blazers, this has got to be the most exciting series for a first rounder in a long time. It took a last second heroic prayer to beat us. We did not play well for a couple of games and Harden did not show up until the last game. I felt this team will go very far in the future with some tweaks. We know the mistakes that held us back and we will fix them. I believe Harden finally grew up and understood that in order for him to be a complete superstar and help his team to the next level, he must be a two-way player.

A tweak here on the coaching staff, a tweak there on some trades and I know we will own the western conference next year.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

At the end of the day, if you just think that this is a just a game and fun, then you will probably feel better about losing than if you were to take it seriously. But damm, you still feel disappointed and i am sure the players would not be able to sleep last night cuz i sure woke up feeling shytty about the loss.