1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to burn surveillance video to cd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Does anybody know how to or what software is needed to burn surveillance video on a security camera to a CD?

I have to go to someone's business later today, and there is a 30sec clip that they want me to burn out to a cd, to give to the police.

They have a sercurity camera system installed to their computer. All the videos are recorded onto the hard drive, but how would you just burn out a 30sec clip of it.

Would there be an option on the security system that would allow you to select and burn out a clip of the videos or would you have to dl a software to do that?

Anyone with a security system that have done this before? Just trying to get some suggestions before I head over there.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How are the videos stored on onto the hard drive (i.e. in what format)? You should be able to find a video program to import the entire clip into the program. At that point, you find the 30 second clip they want and trim before and after. The program may then have options to burn directly to DVD or to export as a file that you can burn to DVD.

If you have any computer acumen at all, this is relatively straight forward when using reasonable software. Not sure if Windows Movie Maker (assuming you are on Windows) will do the trick. iMovie and iDVD on Macs would handle this as long as they can import the original file.