1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Build The Next Dominant Championship Team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rezbama, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

the rockets are lucky that they can draft and trade right now to build a championship team. they need to target these players: Austin Rivers, Kidd-Gilchrist, Drummond, Robinson, Barnes, Perry Jones, Teague. the rockets wouldn't even have to give up much besides one of like ten PF weve drafted the last four years and lowry. any three guys right there puts us in the finals in about 4 years.

My suggestion is that Rivers will fall, so we can easily scoop him at a later pick. his IQ is unreal and even though he is an undersized SG, he can be a dominant PG with practice (westbrook). If not, Teague is on the table but he is undersized and dont know if he can be as athletic.

At the Big position, we have potential with Drummond, Robinson, Jones. I prefer Jones because he is a big guy that can step out drain the jumper or play big and grow as a big. Although Robinson and Drummond are physically better players.

And at the Wing, WE NEED TO GET GILCHRIST OR BARNES. IF you have not seen these guys play, these are guys that have the best potential at that position especially in a league with James and Durant. There should be no excuse why we can't pull of a reasonable trade to get a pick for them.

I know we can gain some talent, put K-Mart in the mix, and finally use our bench as a bench and not a lucky starting 5. We would be deep, talented, young, athletic, and driven. All these guys played DEEP into the Tournament, and stayed in college because they wanted to win. They are committed, which is huge (unlike the UCONN 7'3 thats gone missing).

Thoughts?

In anyway we go, there needs to be a move for the rockets, I think itll be a record for the rockets to finish 9th again and the #14th pick ext year. that would just suck

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

So we need to...somehow acquire top 10 lottery picks? Hmm...

3. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

yeah and not trade both picks for howard either. Howard expects a core of current superstars, not potential kids. I say we keep them and it shouldn't be too difficult to trade players for a pick and then package another player with #16 for pick.

4. Garner

Garner Member

You don't say?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If Lowry and Morris gets us a top 5 pick, i think that's a no brainer...but you might as well said "get DH without giving up more than one starter"....takes two to tango.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

You lose credibility when you mention Teague.

7. Garner

Garner Member

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5-star thread. Would read again.

10. amaru

amaru Member

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

12. Sadat X