1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to beat the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, May 18, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

The thing I remember most about our last game against the Warriors was that we were constantly trying to post up Dwight on Bogut. And as expected, that didn't turn out so pretty. I think Dwight has finally got it into his head that he is not an effective post up player and we'll see a lot more pick and rolls.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You have to get them out of rhythm when on defense and then move the ball crisply and focus on offense. While their shooting is what makes the highlights, GS's improvements have been tremendous on the defensive end. Bogut and Green aren't shot-blocking machines, but they are charge drawing machines, so the Rockets have to be mindful of that. But keep going inside and take advantage of that size and athleticism. Also, do not get sloppy in transition D, bc GS can make a real fast 3pt barrage run that will ruin the Rockets' spirit.

He's out for game one.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1516/marreese-speights

3. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

This is a dammn a wall of text from you.
    tl;dr:p

1 person likes this.
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If we can clamp down somewhat on the perimeter, and dominate them inside, then we will be able to do what Memphis did to win their two games, but we'll be able to do it even better with Dwight and Smoove. Gasol and ZBo are smart, crafty guys, but so is Bogut. To beat him you just need to have those undeniable athletic gifts that Dwight and Smoove have. I really think our biggest advantage in this matchup will be down low on the block with our PF and C rotation. Gotta him them hard and expose that weak nougat in the middle. Like Barkley said, jump shooting teams always come down to earth eventually.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I hate Steve Kerr he just looks like a scum bag on the side line. He's not going to be a great coach in my book till he actually has to coach a team with injuries. I mean they litterly had no one hurt all season. On top of that he got a team that was stacked from the jump and had all been together 3-4 years. Theirs no way they can keep all these guys together Harrison Barnes iggy green and bogut lee c'mon man not to mention all the other guys that have played well for them. I hope they do make the mistake of giving green a max contract. That will hurt them for many years to come because they will lose Barnes ( he's gonna get 14mil from sombody) not to mention bogut coming off the books soon plus curry is only making 11 mil he's a max guy and will want it soon.

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Warriors is a paper tiger. They look formidable on paper, but in reality they are just a jump shooting team. Memphis showed how to beat them with inside game, but they lack perimeter shooters for proper spacing, and also Tony Allen and Mike Conley got injured.

Rockets just need to play their game to beat the Warriors. Just like against Clippers: attack the basket; run off their shooters

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. frontline94

frontline94 Member

1 is everything imo, let curry score 40 if need be, make sure the others score the same total...

limit thompson and the rest, you'll start seeing curry of old.... a monster stastically but not a leader or facilitator

9. malakas

malakas Member

The most important imo is to keep Dwight out of foul trouble. The Warriors will do everything in their power to get him to foul from the first minute.
    Transition defence must be at it's best. Slow the game down and don't let them run. That will get them out of rhythm and their shots will stop falling all the time.

10. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Harden>Curry
    Dwight>Bogut
    Ariza>Barnes
    Smith>Green
    Terry<Thompson

we better. amirite?

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Terry < Thompson.

not sure why that didn't show up. but imstillrite

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Play defense just like you did in the final 3 games against the Clippers.

Transition defense will be crucial. The Warriors just like the Clippers likes to get out on the break. The difference is though, the Warriors loves shooting the 3 in transition. So know your opponent.

Fight over the pick instead of going behind it. The Warriors are sharp shooters behind the arc.

Pound them in the paint. If we can get Bogut in foul trouble then it should be a layup drill.

Win the 50/50 game as well as two chance points. Then we should win this series.

We will also need big time production from our bench. The Warriors are just as deep as we are. So bench play will be critical in this series.

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I'm surprised many people say let Curry get his. I'd say stop him at all costs, he makes that team go and is the main assist man and when he gets going, others feed off of that. Hacking Bogut, attacking them and playing the passing lanes are indeed keys to beat them. Another one is we really need to limit our switching. TJ or Dwight on Curry scares the hell out of me.

Also, Harden really has to carry us in more games because their defense is great and I our role players will not not get great looks unless Harden opens it up for them. So I really do not want to see any of those drvies where he gets past his man and waits for him to catch up, hold him off and then throw up a horrible floater or look for the foul.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We have to play with composer and energy like we have the last 6 quarters... I honestly think the Rockets biggest strength is almost everyone on this team has played in big games, been successful in big games and have been overlooked for it.

Pablo is a champion
    JET is a champion
    Brewer is a champion
    Ariza is a champion
    T-Jones is a champion

Not to mention James and Dwight have tasted defeat at the pinnacle of the sport... these guys are hungry they are focused and they will beat the Warriors.

*DROPS MIC*

15. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Run em off the 3 pt line at all costs.

Keep our best switching rotation out there.

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Harden-Terry PNRs, for one

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Key is to tire out Thompson and Curry. Make them run around playing defense. Howard and co will own the paint. Bogut is weak and not in shape. You pound him for a few games, he will break. We finished the last series like we finished the regular season... composed and hungry. We got people with rings and experience out there. These Doobs are just running off hype. They're already talking about the Cavs/Hawks in the forums. That will be their downfall... facing a Rockets team that has gone through adversity and triumphed against all odds.

1 person likes this.
  18. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

Feel better about our chances, did not watch mucheck of Grizz series. Seemed like Grizz injuries was their demise.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Play Hard
    Play Tough
    Play Smart
    Hurt Curry

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith and healthy Dwight Howard are the keys this series. If Dwight or anyone on the Rockets can get Bogut and/or Green in foul trouble then things change dramatically for the Warriors. If Dwight can dominate Bogut (and he should obliterate Bogut) then I don't think this is going to be as easy of a series as people think for the Warriors.

At first I thought this was gonna be the Warriors tearing us up, but I have hope. We gotta take one of these first 2 on the road though. We gotta figure out who is guarding Thompson and Barnes too. Harden is going to need to have the defensive series of his life.

And in a strange way the Rockets are lucky to have gone thru what they went thru against the Clippers. They won't be afraid going against the Warriors.

1 person likes this.