1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the Dallas Mavericks tried to persuade Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hizzobbes, Aug 3, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

What an egotistical douche. Cuban inserted himself into the video holding the trophy.

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

if this video was made by Rockets fans and show Rockets jersey. Instead of Cuban, we put in Dariel Moray, and instead of Dirk, Harden, there'll be 1 million reply saying how good the viideo is.

The video is cool. Would love to see the same one done with Rockets instead

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Howard makes the 3 being mentioned twice was baffling.

4. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Heh, glad you enjoyed it, but people can have different opinions, not everyone who disagrees is a homer or hater. I'd have found the video funny in an utterly corny and cheesy way if it was fan made. The thought that this was shown in what was essentially an official business meeting makes it cringe-worthy.

I'll admit though, it's kinda fun to know that there's a place for such foolishness in what is essentially a negotiation for a ~100 million dollar corporate deal. People tend to both dehumanize and overrate sports executives. This is just confirmation that they, too, are human and like humans, some of them are complete idiots.

1 person likes this.
  5. CALI_MOST_WANTD

This sucks I can't see it on mobile.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You guys are focusing on the wrong thing. The real story isn't the cheesy video, its Cuban's diatribe from his blog. It reads like a totally unfiltered continuous train of thought -> classic Cuban. The result is ridiculous access into the recent front office maneuvers by one of the NBA's most successful franchises. All I can say is, WOW!

Love him or hate him, dude knows his stuff and is easily one of the greatest owners in all of sports.

TL;DR: Read the damn thing!

1 person likes this.
  7. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Got to hand it to Cuban for coming up with the creativity to project Dwight playing the role of the "Stretch 4" while Dirk played Center.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blogmaverick.com/2013/08/03/lets-talk-mavs-mffl/

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

At least they put effort in it, much better than the "Stay" and "I'm gonna teach you to win" bs Kobe and the Lakers did. Sure, it didn't work out for them, but you gotta give props to guys like Cuban and Alexander who go "against the grain" to build good teams.

It seems a bit too corny, but honestly if I was DH I wouldn't be looking at the pitch, I would be looking at how far the franchise will go towards appealing to me. Luckily DH chose the Rox, but Cuban and the Mavs aren't a bad franchise to play for.

10. basketballholic

Josh Howard for 3.

11. conquistador#11

do they think dwight is 7 years old or something? =)

(passes gas_)

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's pathetic

13. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Can't be real, can it? Looks like it was made by a 12 year old for a 7 year old.

14. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I know right. I did not think it was that bad.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The rockets pitch involved a comic strip with better artwork but, essentially, still cartoons.

16. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

The ending was stupid, but if you regularly know 12 year olds who can video edit, sound produce, and/or direct a team who can do all the above, please let me know.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I was just thinking the same thing. We had fans running around chasing free agents across state lines in a vehicle a few seasons ago, and that was ok. ;)

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

ha ha hah ha

20. CCorn

CCorn Member