1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias Affects African Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Such a weird post that ignores Jim Crow or "thug" vigilanteism (KKK, law enforcement, blind courts, etc...) that kept blacks under heel well beyond slavery and took the Civil Rights Act to begin to address.

Yeah, I get the point that black families or a homogenous "black culture" haven't been the most shining examples of economic success since the 1960's, but why ignore that the foundation for Black and minority (indigenous people) success remained rotten beyond a century after emancipation?

That's at least 5 generations of r****dation or stagnation coming from overt or covert oppression.

Many immigrants at least had a blank slate and outside capital to draw upon. They weren't indoctrinated into a culture of fear or a submissive hierarchy for their entire lives.

Maybe that hierarchy is now totally different (challenged) for millennials onward, but Gen Xers and before certainly knew what America was about.

I guess the comparison would be like the **** Kareem (post-Russel) had to go through in the League vs what social/cultural problems Jordan had...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Statistically black families have been falling apart since the sixties

https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

The only "weird " thing is that it isn't common knowledge

blue_eyed_devil, durvasa and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So why are you so much smarter than Jaggy?
    Is it his parents fault? his fault? or the system?

wait if you are African American, you had the system against you right?
    So if we say the system was equal

it was either his parents or his fault or both
    that you are superior to him

@Os Trigonum

5. tinman

Supporting Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Even in the wee hours of the morning.

Your life must really really suck.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's one stat out of many. Black men didn't get any benefits from the GI Bill. We like hoisting soldiers as heroes but I guess you put up only one type of hero to sell war bonds. Instead they got shat upon and casted out...PTSD and all. And that's how they treated black folk who died for their country.

Plenty of stats of Black discrimination from better jobs and housing, all of which are factors into whether a couple stays with a child out of wedlock.

Then there's the incarceration which we still deal with to this day. Laws are laws until you afford a better lawyer to tip the scale...A better lobbyist to tilt them to your children's favor.

Not sure why you're pretending one stat tells the whole story.

#847 Invisible Fan, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The racial disparities in the gi bill were fixed in the fifties . That discrimination occurred in the forties You're 2 decades off. The sixties is after civil rights gains.

Stop pretending you posted any statistics

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

@pgabriel owns

10. HardenVolumeOne

im on social media a LOT, and im noticing a lot more crime videos in my recommended feed on youtube from new york, chicago and houston involving african americans attacking other races of people. The left wing media and big tech is doing this by design and trying to make other groups racist againist black people, they are slowly turning our minority allies againist us with handpicked and selective stories in the news.

making us the face of the asian hate crime bill was just the first step by this administration

All of a part of jim crow joe's new america

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Jaggy
    J-A-G-G-Y

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Their agenda is profit driven. The market dictates what videos are popular. Your tastes dictate what is in your news feed.

It is whatever content that makes you want to come back for more is what is going to dominate your feeds.

13. HardenVolumeOne

yea but everytime i log into youtube, i get a crime news story video from a local affiliate news station in new york or chicago. And these are videos that were uploaded not even 3 hours ago. So they are in my youtube feed like im subscribed to them but i dont even watch news channels online. This is big tech doing this.. and the the work of the democrat party. remmeber maxine waters said she was gonna make black men pay for voting trump

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is because you've been clicking on the videos. When I log into YouTube I see a bunch of videos about Astronomy and American Dad clips because lately I've been watching videos about Astronomy and American Dad Clips and consequently YouTube feeds me more. This has nothing to do with Maxine Waters.

tinman and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is not about mainstream media.

If these things are showing up in your feed that means you are searching out that kind of stuff.

And that kind of stuff is prevalent from a certain part of the media (Not the left wing).

This was some carefully crafted BS.

You might have had a chance at most people taking you serious until you went full on with that jim crow joe malarkey.:rolleyes:

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-the-youtube-algorithm-works/

How YouTube determines its suggested video algorithm
    When suggesting videos for people to watch next, YouTube employs slightly different considerations. After a person has watched a few videos during a visit, the algorithm has more of an idea about what a person is interested in today, so it offers up some options on the right side of the screen:

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

how do you disable it

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't, just don't click on those types of videos.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't use YouTube? Or don't scroll down YouTube's recommended list like you are surfing channels and only watch videos you specifically searched.

Seems simple enough.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

i don’t watch news videos tho. The only channels I really watch besides video game channels are the officer Tatum, Brandon Harris, and Anthony Brian Logan