1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias Affects African Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No wealth is the symptoms

It doesn't take any influence to mot have single parent kids. Don't have kids that hamper you before you're ready, you can build wealth

tinman likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay then the only natural conclusion to that premise is you believe the white race is superior naturally in keeping it in their pants.

I know where you are heading in this convo. You aren't going to say it's "natural", you are going to say it's cultural. Then I'll ask where the culture comes from. Is it from the effects of the 1000% wealth gap or...

Naturally inherent within the race.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The facts are what they are.

A)how does racism lead to single parent households?

B) why can't it be other sociological factors that lead to this condition? Why can't the reason be education? Why can't the reason be values? Etc. That's not natural.

4. fchowd0311

Where do the values come from?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are passed down.

Another question. Why is the pct getting higher in times of civil rights?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're smart.
    How do you influence kids to walk the smart independent thinker don't jump in the pool if there's no water path vs the Jaggy I'm a victim please give me money path?

7. fchowd0311

How did they originate?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

@pgabriel > Jaggy

@pgabriel = Chris Paul

Jaggy = Pat Bev , Clippers edition

West Coast and South Clutchfans > East Coast Clutchfans

pgabriel likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It doesn't matter can'tchhange the past.

You never answered my question about how racism leads to single parent households

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Values and responsibility.

Young people don't want to be Cliff and Claire Huxtable
    they want to be Tristan Thompson and Khloe
    except they aren't as rich as them

pgabriel likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Role models being rappers and ball players
    Who are super rich who can afford to have lots of Dwight Howard baby mommas

when girls want to be Kylie and have lots of kids with different rappers at age 21 they forget she’s super rich

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dam I left a mark.

LOL.

You actually think about a poster you never met everyday and include him in your post.

Poor thing.

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And what happens to passed down values of people who were enslaved for hundreds of years, then put into a segregated society for another hundred years...

What does that do to the mental health of families? Generation after generation, if values are passed down?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The black family structure has fallen apart in the last sixty years. It was stroner after slavery so stop trying to blame slavery for its current condition

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@fchowd0311
    @ThatBoyNick

You guys are worried about the wrong thing. I don't care who is blamed for the problems.

You guys are worried about not making black people look bad. I used be like that. You need to focus on solving the problems

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So around the time the country de-segregated is when the black community fell apart in your mind, the inequalities we see have nothing to do with slavery or segregation, it all just happened to fall apart in the 60’s, because of culture and values, that cannot be linked with racism, or systemic racism

Just don’t see how anybody could come to that conclusion in good faith

#816 ThatBoyNick, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The numbers back me up. More black kids are raised in single parent homes today than the fifties.

I'm speaking from facts. You're speaking from emotion. Racism isn't the issue. The numbers are getting worse

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Racism is when one dude goes up to another dude and says something racist.
    When one kid does bad on a test, it's not racist, it's just they didn't prepare well enough for the test.

any school in any area of the country has students who do very well and students who don't. they should look at the reasons why certain students do well and certain students don't.

I think the D&D is playing arm chair quarterback and thinking schools in the poor neighborhoods don't produce smart kids. They do. They tend to focus on the ones who do bad.

You can point some dumb ass kids in private and rich area schools too.
    What do the poor kids and rich kids have in common? They have parents or parent.

they have to, if they didn't have parents then they would be clones made in a lab.

19. fchowd0311

Sorry my educational training has ingrained in me that to find a solution to a problem you have to understand how the problem formed. I have detune myself from that mindset I guess. It's a flaw.

20. fchowd0311

This guy failed probabality and statistics or never took a class in it.

When we are discussing traits in a large population pool, we care about probalistic odds.

Because there exists a data point where two individuals led entirely different lives even though they grew in the same houshold means that the probalistic odds of whatever you define as "success" are exactly the same for a group of people being born into households with median wealth at 17 grand vs a group of people being born into households with median wealth at 170 grand? Just make an educated guess here. Let's take a sample size of 1000 white people from two different wealth backgrounds. What do you think is the crime rate of the group of white people being born into a houshold with 17 grand in median wealth and what is the crime rate of the group of white people born into a household with median 170 grand in wealth in the US? Do you think they are the same, or do you think one is higher than the other and if so, which one?