1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias Affects African Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When I'm out of work I work at a labor hall. A lot of the jobs are construction clean up jobs and know about construction sites. That's where I encounter these guys as well as other general labor jobs. Why do do you think I give a fuq about any of you enough to lie to you guys?

Liberal arrogance at it's finest. You think I've made all this up in this thread today?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On my plumbing union experience. I was laid off from Finance world. After 27 months of collecting unemployment, yes this is 2011-2012 I got the 24 months the state gave back then and Obama gave an additional 3 months. I had hundreds of Finance interviews but eventually had to work.

Ironically the first general labor job was a probationary apprenticeship in the plumbing union. A plumber at a pool hall I hung out at told me about it.

I worked two summers didn't get in and eventually I could not get the probationary jobs the next few summers. But I never thought about plumbing till that happened

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So if the people you lecture about the importance of a strong work ethic are already in a labor hall looking for work, then what the **** are you helping them with? Did you refer them to the labor hall? You said they need to learn a work ethic, yet they're in a place to get work. Did you drive them?

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are at the labor hall because they have to work. That doesn't mean they have work ethic.

But yes a lot of people there have great work ethic. A lot of the young black men but a lot don't

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So they found a job just like you but for some reason you think you can talk about work ethic to them?

Makes perfect sense.

I never said you made this up i just don't know why you think you are the authority on work ethic.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A lot of them will not move the past the labor hall and are very frustrated already This is miineal work

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@jiggyfly

I understand what you are doing. Slave mentality. Black man tries to explain how he is trying to help. Next black man trying to bring him down.

***** why you think you better than the rest of us?

--Jiggyfly

Saw this in Roots

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yep you got me.

Still trying to figure out what you are doing to stop the spread of rap music ruining our community or keeping black fathers at home.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

***** you ain't ish

--jiggyfly

To answer your ni##erism I try to have a positive impact in situations I've been placed in.

I'm not a social worker

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So all sound and fury.

Just like I thought.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not ni##erism

You are like this with everyone. I never claimed to do anything but you asked and I answered honestly and you just **** on it.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just like you continue to **** on black people.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m glad there’s no systematic racism in Spring

congrats to these kids !

pgabriel likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not ******** on black people. It's being honest about cyclical poverty. You're worried about appearances.

In your personal life don't you have to admit faults in order to improve? I didn't come here to criticize blacks. I don't agree that systemic racism is a problem.

It wasn't a problem for either of us whyw? Our homes.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You have not been honest about anything, you have continually blamed rap music, laziness and black people not caring as reasons why for several years.

And you continue to not be honest about racism and things like redlining.

Who said it was not a problem for me?

I grew up with a single mother and have lost jobs and not gotten jobs for straight up racism.

I just happen to have had some luck and was blessed with a bit of smarts but I still had to learn how to play the system and humble myself as a black man in a world that is run by white people.

I have also been blessed to have some very good white people on my side but I would have been much farther in life if I did not get fired for being the "scary" black guy.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

upload_2021-5-12_17-31-15.png

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I was waiting for the "Crab Theory" to get mentioned!

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who doesn't have to be humble looking for work? Where have I blamed rap music? A single parent home isn't a bad home. An ignorant parent home is

I dare you to find a post where I say blacks are lazy.

Tired of you putting words in my mouth and then you'll be a b**** and not address your false claims about me and steady make it personal like a b****

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

QUOTE="HillBoy, post: 13548423, member: 11812"] View attachment 6434 [/QUOTE]

Location location location

Like I wrote