1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How seriously do you take the opinions of bobby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Apr 9, 2018.

?

How seriously?

1. Not at all

30 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Only as seriously as you’d take a kiddo

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Somewhat seriously

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. You try to keep up and hold his opinion in high esteem

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

The D & D has always been like that. No offense but you need thicker skin if you want to post in a political forum. There is no reason to let these guys piss you off that bad. This place is 10 to 1 left to right wingers. If you lean to the right you can expect to catch a lot of flack and get attacked.

Nook, AroundTheWorld, ipaman and 2 others like this.
  2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#42 krnxsnoopy, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What do I think of who? Don't know him.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, that's why it's not a big deal when they act up like this. It's to be expected from an unhinged group of far left crazies. The fact that I lean ever so slightly right of center and am unapologetically libertarian upsets those who are on the fringe left and are authoritarian (progressive) leaning. To those kinds of people, the center is extreme by comparison.

We've seen quite a bit of this kind of thing in recent years, hell we've even seen these fringe types attacking people who lean pretty far to the left like Bret Weinstein because he doesn't lean far enough left for the most extreme nutjobs. It's just something you have to accept at this point, they can't help themselves and they certainly aren't to be taken seriously.

ipaman and cml750 like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don’t let ipaman troll you, lol. He’s the ultimate attacking personal insult bully. No matter for the subsection he will get triggered about something and call people names and rage.

Nook likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I made the cut as well. A badge of honor.

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Translation: I was slightly more conservative than most of the people I hang with. And have absolutely no idea how delusional the above opinion makes me.

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It would be kind of hilarious if it turned out that bobby = sweet lou = new yorker...

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Plot twist. They’re all DD alts

11. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

People don't attack posters because they're on the right. They attack them because they're stupid and lack the humility to recognize it, you included.

Once in a while, there will be a post by a right-wing guy and I'll say, "I respect this. It's well-constructed. I don't agree with it, but I can see the poster's difference in beliefs". But then there's this handful of posters that always just seem to post hogwash, devoid of good reasoning or virtue, and then back it unyielding conviction.

Those posters are the ones that get attacked. It's not the high road, but people eventually get tired of trying to change a zebra that won't make an effort to change their own stripes. It's unfortunate really.

Yung-T, Canadiandude and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What was Bob's user name before Romney lost the election... Jopact(something)? I think @SamFisher might remember this info.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say this - the right has its share of people who will personally attack you, but it definitely seems to come more viciously from the left.

Still, in fairness, the right can be pretty closed minded and obtuse.

14. Buck Turgidson

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You’re talking about someone who will refuse to acknowledge that Terrence Jones was a contributing member of the Houston Rockets. The guy lives in his own fantasy land with his own made up alternative facts.

No you shouldn’t take his opinions seriously. He’s the only person here I’ve had to mute. Even Bigtexx and RL haven’t made that list. Not because of their outrageous opinions, but because of the sheer volume and relentless nature that he’ll go after you and refuse to give up or move on to something else. He was the same way about the Rockets before, and he’s even worse now about politics.

If you need to hear the other side, there are better posters like Astrodome who are on the opposite spectrum but aren’t bats$& crazy.

justtxyank and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No that’s basketballhollic. BTG (unfortunately) discovered CF in 2012. jopat made a stupid bet and banned himself from this site when Rom lost. He didn’t completely honor it and came back to post under the holllic moniker

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't mind different opinions, but seeing the same take over and over again is like eating roast beef at Arbys.

You don't know why you're there, it's the same ol' ****, and that throw up in your mouth is your own doing.

That was jopotato, who now sidelines as a country singer.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ahh, thanks.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I put him on ignore a long time ago. Not because of his opinions, but because of the shear volume in the Texans forum. Literally every other post in every thread was from Bobby.

I actually didn't know he even posted in this forum.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hilarious, like walking outside your house into the front yard and finding your beautiful car sitting in the driveway on blocks, expensive wheels and tires gone, with a note under one of the wipers saying, "Thank you so much. Have a nice day!"

Yung-T likes this.