1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Rockets will be under 0.500 in 2022-23 season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ankara1923, Aug 6, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because it's the preseason.

I honestly think that if Jabari and Tari bring a strong defensive culture to this team their rookie year maybe they have a shot a winning over 30 but that would be the best case scenario.

HorryForThree likes this.
  2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think we'll all come down to earth around 20 games in. In preseason game 2 vs. the Raptors I started to see a lot of things that were rampant last season -- KPJ dribbling out the shot clock, bad turnovers, not boxing out on defense, Tate bringing the ball up himself (remeniscent of C Wood) and having tunnel vision to get to the hoop, Green often standing around with very little motion or creative playcalling to integrate him more fluidly in the offense (still seems to be a lot of "here's the ball five feet behind the three point line, go do something with it"), not making the extra pass, etc.

Obviously, we won the game, and there was a lot good. But we should expect in the regular season we're going to start seeing a lot of the issues again. And we should also get used to seeing KJ get more minutes to raise his trade value (which is criminally low given his skillset), EG consistently getting 20+ mins per game, Tari getting fewer minutes and maybe even getting relegated to the G League when that kicks off, and lineups that will leave us frustrated.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well it’s not like I’m rooting against them bro. And it’s preseason. Lol

jbond77 likes this.
  4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The weakness in pg and center spots will be enough to prevent us from winning 30 games.

daywalker02 and Corrosion like this.
  5. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

I believe the Rockets can win between 30 -35 games this year because Wood is gone, and we have a much better bench my prediction is the Rockets will go 34-48 this season Green will become an NBA superstar and we will have a solid offensive punch a below average defense that will get better and better as the season goes on. In our first 41 games, we will go 13-28 because of poor defensive play and unable to close out games. In the second half, we will go 21-20 because as they learn to play together they will get better on defense they will know how to play together better as a team no playoffs but it will be a fun team to watch

Hakeemtheking and groovemachine like this.
  6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Getting into the 30’s would be huge, the team could be a year away from competing for the playoffs.

7. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Man, I wish this was posted in English.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If the Rockets win half of the games against Playoff and contending teams, sure will they be around or better than 0.500.

It's foregone and not an idea.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Update?

Ankara1923 and juanm34 like this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Starting post of the thread: "if the team does not lose intentionally"..

How I would guess Silas&Lucas would sacrifice Houston Rockets to save the career of their golden boy:KPJ?

How I would know JGreen is so soft, no winning mentality.?

How I would guess Rockets front office would try to slaughter their very own ROY candidate rookies year by year?

How I would guess Boston reject-2021/22 Houston sidekick Bruno would be presented new Messiah?

How I would guess trade requester KMJ would get more playing time than Alperen?

There are more tank commander in Houston than Ukraine-Russia battlefields.

In normal circumstances 3-3 would be a normal record. A normal coach would realize that he won't get a new contract if the team plays so badly, a normal JGreen would realize that opponents would press him more if team plays without offensive front court and his percentage would go lower (as happened), a normal KPJ would realize the fans would care Rockets' interests more than his own interests (even Hakeem and Harden left the team but supporters are there).

0.500 for normal circumstances, not for headless chickens.

J.R. likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lose intentionally lol. Nah they suck for reasons been said for a long time. Wasn’t that hard to figure out at all. In fact it was common sense. You’re thread is just laughable from day 1

12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It seems that you can write and read. I am not sure that you can analyze. Keep laughing.Fits you.

When you keep laughing the others succeed, in basketball, in life, in academia,... You? Laughing.

Hopeless.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well when you have difficulty making any kind of sense or speaking English you get what you get. It was easy to analyze you’re lost though

14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

So, you have no answer and just attacking my English. English is not my mother tongue but at least I can manage to speak at least 5 languages, not perfectly, just enough. I just finished Persian classes and studying Chinese now.

What you speak? Yahoo English and try to preach. We talk basketball, if you have answer to my explanations, do it. Don't try to hide behind linguistic stills. I am sure you have no idea about Navier-Stokes equations but i am not attacking you for your lack of math,science,Latin,Arabic,Turkish knowledge.

Do you have any answer what I wrote? Answer!

Or just laugh hopelessly, the best you do as the old farmer whose wife run away with the butler.Powerless person with bitter smile.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

The answer to your laughable thread is this is a 20 win team. You sure do love blabbing about nonsense that make 0 sense

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

oh man i remember this hilarious thread!

Futron likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Back when the board was still pure. Sigh.

[​IMG]

burlesk and Futron like this.
  19. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

so is its ceiling!

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

New year update. Oh still maybe a 20 win team