1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How replaceable is Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Feels like the hamstring or whatever injury that Beverley had is still bothering him. He just hasn't had the same quickness since coming back.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The Thanasis scale.

1 person likes this.
  3. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Looks pretty damn replaceable tonight!!

4. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Beverley has heart ill give him that... but no way in hell is he a starting PG in this league

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I still am on the Beverley bandwagon, but it's disappointing seeing his 3 point shooting regress. Needs to get it back soon.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

I am fine with him runnin the second unit. Hes still a solid player.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Lets trade Beverley for Reggie Jackson... hehe.

8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

and watch him and Westbrook kill each other.

9. R94

R94 Member

I just dont get why canaan isnt getting playing time, bev is supposed to be a defensive beast but kyrie goes off for 38 and ariza had to take over coverage. And on the other end bev couldnt hit a 3 to save his life.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Eventually, Nick will become the Rox defensive beast in a few short years. I'm sure Bev will have moved on.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

It didn't seem to bother him blocking that DRose layup the other night.

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

He's always been replaceable.

Far from a bad player though.

13. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

If you watched the game you would have noticed how pat wasn't guarding kyrie on a lot of the plays where he was going off. We kept switching the pick so papa or smoove or whoever kept getting lit up. But pat is def replaceable from an on the court stand point. It's the off court attitude he brings to this team long with heart that I'm not sure we can afford to lose. If we somehow got dragic without giving up bev I'd still want him to start with dragic being our ginobili off the bench and finishing games.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

But none have Bev's D and ability to really get under the skin of opposing PG's.

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I also want to keep in mind the likability that he gives off. His teammates really seem to enjoy him apart of the team as seen in several videos they've posted together. Let them grow together. Beverley is tough and has tremendous work ethic to top it off

16. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

I love Bev and his heart and hustle but he is a 15-25 minute a night energy guy. You can be one of the better defenders at your spot in the league but you cannot stop all stars and superstars from getting their points.

The point guard position is so good due to the rules and stylistic nature of the league that your point has to be able to make them defend to truly wear them out, Other wise they can save all their energy on killing you on the Offensive end

17. hakeemthagreat

100% correct. They were running Kyrie off picks and he'd beat whoever they switched off to the hoop. Beverley can't guard everybody out there. I also agree if we get Dragic, who I don't think we necessarily need, he should come off the bench behind Bev. The thing is replacing a elite PG defender in the league is not easy. We are in the Western Conference where just about any of the elite teams have pg's that can literally go off for 35pts on us. What the Rockets really need is backup center, and a true stretch 4

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I tend to agree. He should get a minimum 25 minutes a night, but similar to Brewer and Smith, it should be from off the bench. Not saying he can't be a starter, but then Ariza needs to sit in favor of a more facilitating 3/4 (Papanikolaou?). There's just not enough offensive skill in our lineup when you play Ariza and Beverley together.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

People always have short memory and also willing to remember what they like to remember.

Bev's 3 point shooting of 2014-2015

Oct : 60% (2 games only)
    Nov : 45%
    Dec : 35%
    Jan : 50%

Overall : 40%

Yes, he had several games went for 1-7, just like last night.

But overall he is still very solid and is the best 3 point shooter of the Rockets (except for a small sample of Brewer) in this season.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are also people here can not wait to get rid of Bev and trade the farm for Goran.

The reason they claimed : Goran is a much better playmaker and should run our offense much better.

These are the comparisons between him and Bev for this season.

Assist per game :
    Goran : 4.0
    Bev 3.3
    * with assist to TO ratio favor of Bev *

Rebounds
    Bev's rebound number : 4.9 per game, top 6 in the league in the PG position, ahead of him are : Rondo, MCW, Currey, Bledsoe, Lillard, all played more minutes than him.

FG %
    Goran : 50%
    Bev : 40 %

3 PT FG%
    Bev : 40%
    Goran : 37%

out of all the FG attempts, Bev took about 60% of them in 3, while Goran took about 25% as 3. Most of the FG Goran took are either midrange long 2 or going to the basket.

Overall Defense
    Bev OVER Goran, don't think anyone can doubt this.

So you are getting a PG in Goran, whose an individually better finisher going to the basket or taking midrange jumpers, while shooter worse in 3, and not much better in assisting the teammate, and also a much inferior rebounder and defender, whiling making what 7 mils per,

and you still want to trade the farm for him to replace Bev?