1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How replaceable is Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R94, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. R94

R94 Member

I wish I could say it is just a slump, but Dwight has been pretty bad this season. With his lack of consistent productivity, it seems like he could be replaced easily. Even before the last few weeks, he had a 25% chance for a turnover when posting up, now it is probably above 60%. And if it isnt a turnover, he gets fouled before getting the ball above the rim, followed by missed free throws. Which is essentially another turnover. If he somehow does get a shot up in the post, it will most likely a miss. His fg% is only at 50% because of the putbacks and pnr shots. At this point Capela would probably provide the same productivity and at the very least, energy. I thinks thats the most frustating development with Dwight, no effort. Just want to hear what everyone else thinks, and if im just crazy.

2. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

He looked great before the injury.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

sell low clutchfans.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team has no choice but to ride with Howard. If he is unproductive and making a lot of money, it's not like we can trade him for someone as good as "good Dwight" can be.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

See now this is ridiculous. The best defensive big man in the league is not easily replaceable. He's obviously still injured. He needs to rest honestly but the west is so tough it seems he's playing through it.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

So do you pay attention to his defensive presence or nah?

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I was just talking to my friend who's a Bulls fan, and I said I'd honestly accept a straight up trade of Deandre Jordan for Dwight.

Jordan is the C this team needs. He knows his role, which is to defend the paint, grab the boards and set picks and roll to the ring looking for an alley.

He doesn't try to be anything he's not and demand a post up.

He'd literally be perfect for this squad.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So defense doesn't matter anymore? Good to know. Let's trade anyone that doesn't score, because that's the only way to win.

10. R94

R94 Member

If it is simply a lingering injury, than let him rest. We had a better record without him. He was a -1 tonight, only starter with a net neg.

11. Downtown Sniper

I was a huge advocate of Dwight coming here, and all throughout last season I was a huge fan as well.

But recently he has not been the best defensive big man. He is getting beat off the dribble by opposing C's far too regularly. He blatantly refuses to put a hand up on the switch out of a PnR when the guard/forward shoots the ball.

If he's injured I just wish he would take a break and rest until he's fully healthy and put this to rest. I want him to succeed here I really do.

I also want to watch someone worth nearly $100mil though.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

We don't need someone as good as "good dwight". We need someone better than "current dwight".

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm not so confident his knee can hold up till April for the playoff wars. Maybe around March, we need to give him time off again.

Hopefully TJones, Dorsey and Capela can give us something on defense and rebounding. When healthy, TJones can give us offense too.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Please sir, share whatever you are smoking with me. It is obviously the good stuff. Jordan alone isn't enough. Now Jordan, Crawford and picks? We could start a conversation, but still.

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I'd consider a Dwight for Griffin swap so we can move Motiejunas to Center, but even then im hesitant

16. Downtown Sniper

Playoff Dwight for Jordan - I agree isn't enough.

This current version of Dwight we've had since he's been back from injury... Clippers probably ask us for a draft pick.

What exactly is this Dwight doing that's better than Deandre?

It makes me sick typing that... But the answer is nothing.

We need a big man who plays his role to a tee (this is why this team's defense was great when Dwight was injured... we had a C in there who hustled consistently and knew what he needed to do for this team to be successful)

I'm not hating on Dwight by any means - but his poor effort is starting to wear thin.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

can we stop with the ridiculous threads

18. rocket_phem

rocket_phem Member

Dieng, i suppose.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It sucks because even though he isn't really playing hard and is clearly not as athletic as he used to be in Orlando and heck, even earlier this season, he's still far and away our best rebounder and defensive big. So we gonna have to roll with him and just hope he gets healthy and/or turns it on in the playoffs.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He is playing like he has cramps tbh

[​IMG]