1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How real are the Rangers???

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cangrejero51, Jun 7, 2015.

1. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

RAngers lost, so they are still 3.5 games back.
    Lewis, another good game, 7 innings, 3 runs but lost it because of the bullpen, Kela allowed a home run.

Now, instead of 4.5 we are only 3.5 thanks to an ugly display of baseball in the 9th inning by the Astros, especially 2 players, Gregerson and Villar. Well, i am also going to say Hinch is responsible because no persson should continue to make the same mistake more than twice, and Villar has done it time after time, with those nice errors. Today in the first inning he threw a low ball in the dirt on an easy play, and then the 9th inning.

Como on Hinch, can't you see that Villar is ok with the bat, but AWFUL with the glove. Marwin is not great, but MUCH BETTER than Villar.

DEFENSE REPLACEMENT, easyyyyyyyy

You do it with Tucker at the end of games, why not Villar????????????????????

2. awc713

awc713 Member

Baseball Prospectus has the current odds of winning AL West as follows:

HOU: 47.3%
    TEX: 7%
    LAA: 25.9%
    SEA: 16.9%

Now, if you only look at the HOU/TEX rosters TODAY, I do think the Rangers are just as good (and 'real') as the Astros. Their lineup has some studs, their rotation is adequate, and they can play with most teams so long as their bullpen performs adequately. Remember, Feliz blew like 5 saves earlier this season.

It's a long season, and I do think our organization is going to be way better in the long run. Perhaps BP takes that into account. But if you only compare the two rosters RIGHT NOW, they are just as 'real' as we are.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Gonzalez wasn't even a top 10 prospect for them before the season? Yeah he was. Heck he was even ranked the 29th best prospect by BP, although he was 87 by BA and 97 MLB. Also this feels like too much about the Rangers to be on here, but whatever.

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yall go buy you some Rangers gear and root for em and get the hell out of the astros forum with this trash

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I am sorry, you are RIGHT, he was number 6 prospect for Baseball America 2015, you are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

6. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

NOOOOOOOOOO, I AM CONTINUING ROOTING FOR THE ASTROS, AS I'VE DONE SINCE 1976, AND NOW EVEN MORE, YOU KNOW WHY?????

BECAUSE CORREA IS IN THE MAJORS, AND HE IS PUERTO RICAN, AS I AM.

7. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Holland, Perez, Harrison, Hamilton, Beltre, Feliz back by early July and there is reason to be worried. If Darvish were in the mix then I'd be panicking.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh, those guys will be replacing some of the guys that are directly responsible for the winning now.

Sometimes it works out.... and sometimes you get the Ewing theory in full effect.

9. Buck Turgidson

Joe Ewing?

Those guys mentioned are more talented than anybody the Stros can call upon, barring trades.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nah, google it. Its a Bill Simmons-created theory, named for when the Knicks actually got "better" once Patrick Ewing got injured in the late 90's, with numerous cases throughout all sports since.

All those guys coming back will not all play to their full WAR capabilities (some may never get to their top form again)... and some of them could end up being worse than the players they're actually replacing... thus increased wins should not automatically be "assumed".

Hell, they had Fielder/Beltre/Darvish/Andrus last year... and some other high profile guys... and were a last place team.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

I was way off, I was thinking Bobby or J.R..

12. Buck Turgidson

Joe Ewing joke.

They were wracked by injuries last year so yeah, they were a last place team. If they get all/most of their people back they are a very dangerous team, the most talented team in the division, imo.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm still more worried about the Angels... who usually play their "best" baseball in the second half, they have better pitching, and they have the best player in baseball.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rangers are coming! The Rangers are coming! :p

[​IMG]

15. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Ultimate Astros jinx thread!! Delete!! :grin: