1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Often Do You Shave?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Aug 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I mean your face, you sick freaks (ie. YoYao)! :D

I can only shave every 3 or 4 days because my skin is ultra-sensitive. Even if I don't cut myself and use a half gallon of after shave, my skin still burns all day. :mad: I have yet to find an electric shaver that is worth a damn.

I use Gillette medicated gel with aloe (the blue can), Skin Bracer after shave, and I use one of those triple blades with the medicated strip. None of it seems to help much with the skin burning.

How often do you shave and what brands do you use? Does your face hurt for the rest of the day like mine?

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Every morning, although I skip some weekends. Also, again in the evening when I have a date. My whiskers grow very fast.

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

shave my head every morning... sometimes every other day if i'm lazy that week.
    shave my face every morning... sometimes every other day if i'm lazy that week.

use mach 3 turbo with old spice foam lather using one of those foam conair heaters.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Love the Mach 3. Thats the only way to go IMO.

I shave my head and face about once or twice a week.

Gel and shaving cream is for sissys. Nothing but water and a blade for me. ;)

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Every day. Hate it. :(

Can't grow in the little moustache area over my lip but every other inch of my face is in Wolfman mode if I don't shave.

6. droxford

droxford Member

Every day. Hate it.

-- droxford

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I use Magic Shave so I can really only shave every other day.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Every other day. My least favorite thing to do.

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Every day...Sometimes skipping a day because I don't want to hassle with it.

Sensor Excel with Edge Gel for sensitive skin.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

here's an idea. do the "jeff bagwell thing". no moustache, just the rest of the goatee part. i've done it myself. :cool:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In the shower, each and every morning.

MACH 3 for me !!

DD

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I shave every other day. I kinda have to look presentable when I go see customers. On the second day after shaving, I usually start getting a 5 o'clock shadow pretty quickly, but my face cant handle the daily shave - sensitive as a baby's butt.

Ive tried the Nieva cream recently because of their quality lotions, but its worse than Edge and smells like cheap ass Barbasol.....

Stick with Edge and Mach 3 and all is good in shaving land.....

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Every Monday,Wednesday,Friday

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

While were at it, why don't we complain about the price of blade refills? Never in my life have I felt so ripped off as when I'm purchasing blade refills. How can they cost so much? Surely, they can't be that expensive to manufacture. I have to believe the mark-up is over 200%.

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No **** !!! I feel raped whenever I go and have to purchase my Mach 3 blades..... Its like $10 for 5 blades or something ridiculous like that....

:mad:

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I usually shave every 2 or 3 days. I have a Braun electric shaver that I can use if I'm in a real hurry and don't care if its a very good job. When I have time though and want to look my best, I use the Mach 3.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Mach 3 user here too.

Does Mach 3 have any competition or do people prefer it cause it's that damn good and relatively painless? I've just been using Mach 3 since I got a free sample a couple of years ago.

18. droxford

droxford Member

i've been considering switching to using an old double-edged razor that just uses full razor blades. how well do they work compared to modern disposable razors/refills?

-- droxford

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I shave everyday except Sunday... when I give it a rest (unless I'm doing something special). I use a Mach 3 and Edge gel because it's quick and I don't use much. I've got a beard, so I only spend about 5 minutes, otherwise I'd use the "real thing". I used to have one of those heated things and loved it, but with so little to shave now, it's not worth the hassle.

I spend MUCH more time trimming my beard than shaving.
    And I find it relaxing. (except for the time I cut the **** out of my ear lobe with my super-sharp little scissors... ouch!! Don't do this sort of thing when you're half asleep :confused: )

Never have found an electric shaver I liked when I just had the upper lip and chin to trim with my super-sharp scissors. Now it would be impractical. I had the mustache and goatee for over 30 years until I grew my beard. My wife has never seen me without it and we've been married or otherwise for almost 3 decades. (man, that seems like a long time staring at the print... where does the time go??)

This is far more than I ever expected to pontificate about a portion of my bodily hair.
    I ain't talkin' 'bout the rest of it.

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Does anybody else use a shaving lotion called "Kiss My Face?"

I like it better than creme or gel.

#20 giddyup, Aug 26, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2003