1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How much you think Walgreens photo-center pays?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HtownRocks3, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

OK, this is the story on Walgreens. My brother is a Walgreens store manager in the Houston area. I called him and asked him how much someone gets paid in the photo-center. He told me people start out at about $7 to $7.50. I suppose it could be a little less or a little more depending on your experience etc.

My brother said that the pay is not that great considering the work load. You will be busy, you won't have time to goof around.

You probably aren't looking to make a career at Walgreens, but you could. Let me give you an idea of what opportunities Walgreens offers. If you could get your college degree, you could be hired as an Asst. Manager. Asst Managers start out in the low 30's and can make over 40 grand in a fairly short period of time.

Store Managers can make a lot of money(at least I think its a lot of money). My brother has made more than 80 grand a year the past couple of years, and some Store Managers do more than that. And that doesn't even include the fortune my brother has made on stock options.:eek:

To be considered for a Managers position you need a college degree.

Good Luck

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

No one is being crazy. You post too much, and when you do post, its complete trash.

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Since when is it bad to occupy myself with all the time I've had on my hands, browsing around the BBS posting my opinions. Opinions are like a-ssholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

You're a good example.

4. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

What was the verdict?

5. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

He just wants some advice from people whose company he actually enjoys. What's so wrong with that?

If you don't like him, instead of being rude, just don't read his threads. K? Good.

To the rest of you (especially Rip Van Rocket), thanks so much for your help, we really appreciate it. :cool:

6. Band Geek Mobster

7. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Because 100% of your posts are a complete waste of time and all your opinions are complete crap. The truth hurts, eh?

8. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

We never came up with an exact figure. I might bring it up today. He did say people working the graveyard shift (which is what I'm doing) gets paid 50 cents more an hr. I guess I'll just throw out a figure of $6.75 an hour.... sound good? I mean I haven't had any experience doing this type of work so I would say anything over $7.25 is unacceptible.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember looking for a job at Walgreens once. I interviewed and the first thing the manager told me was that there was a very good chance somebody could come in and point a gun at my head. It's happened before, so just hand the money over, he said. That was at a Walgreens over on Fondren near W. Belfort, I think.

Luckily I was given an opportunity to work as a pharmacy tech at a hospital making about $9-11/hr back in the early 90's because one of my friends was quitting there. Needless to say, the thought of working at Walgreens never came up again, after my friend told me about that job. I worked at that hospital for about 4 or 5 years afterwards. :D

10. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

this one is at Memorial/Dairy Ashford. I hope its not as bad there as it was at the one you got interviewed at.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I wasn't reffering to this thread. I don't have a problem with asking for advice. most people don't like it when the board is cluttered with threads that are pointless and wasting bandwidth.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

But that's what the Hangout is all about. :p

;)

13. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Well, I got it at $8 starting out. :eek: I'll start Tuesday morning.

Again, thanks for everybody's help!