1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

How much will Yao make next year as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Hopefully as little as possible :grin:

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

As long as he's healthy and can play i dont care how much he makes.

3. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all those that say we need to move on .......It was a no lose situation for Les as he's made $$$$ and will continue to whether Yao is a Rocket or not. Basketballwise, it's been a roll of the dice with the odds worsening every year. As a Rockets fan I'm tired of being held hostage. Let's get off the road to nowhere and usher in yet another age of Rockets hoops.

4. leebigez

leebigez Member

Les has never paid the lux tax until this year, get your facts straight!

As I stated before, there is a web site for his followers. It shouldnt be to hard to locate,but this isnt one of them.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

It's time for the Rockets to move on. Thanks for your hard work Yao. Wish your body could have withstood the punishment.

6. choujie

choujie Member

I don't see anything wrong with his statement. Yao does give Les more flexibility to go over lux tax, but Les only did it once is not Yao's fault. It
    's Les's problem. He's just not that great an owner. Look at how he handles JVG and RA situation.

There is no need to get so defensive when somebody supports Yao. There is a better reason for you to post somewhere else instead of him: Yao is still a Rocket at this moment.

7. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

I don't think he'll be back. He could sign a vet min. contract with any contending team, such as Heat, NY, or even Orlando. He will have a much better chance winning a championship on those teams.

It's probably the best time for Rox and Yao say good bye. Win-win for everyone, except those YOF's at Houston.

8. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Although it might be allowed in the new CBA (If we even have basketball)

9. Yetti

Yetti Member

Yao Ming will be part of our the Rockets for next season, provided that there is
    a season.
    Possibly Yao Ming will be paid for any game he plays, while he is a member of the Rockets, all depending upon Les Alexander, its owner!:p

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

If we pay him more than we're paying Brad Miller, I'm going to be a Jazz fan next year and change my moniker to JazzPimp.

OK, not really, but I will not be happy with this franchise.

11. emjohn

emjohn Member

I think he and Chuck's contracts should be $5-$6M/per, two years with a team option for a third.

And I hope they find a way to 86 Miller and Thabeet to clear out the space.

12. RocketMania1991

Chuck Hayes is in his prime and having a career year plus he has stayed healthy his entire career.

Yao Ming realistically hasn't played basketball in over 2 years, is injury prone and aging quickly

How does it even make sense that both of those players make even near the same amount...............

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Has Yao even stated if he is coming back.

Thought he on the fence about retiring.

14. bloop

bloop Member

yeah he said he wants to come back

but that he doesn't know

Les is not going to pay him 7 million no way. Yao is too good a guy he'll probably sign under market value

15. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

It depends on the insurance market.

If there is an insurance company who is willing to do business with Yao, Les would not mind signing Yao back at millions.....

16. thadeus

thadeus Member

I would love, love, love to see Yao come back but I have no idea what he should be paid. Knowing what we know about Yao, I wouldn't be suprised to see him sign with the Rockets for a relatively low amount even if other teams were offering substantially more.

You can say what you want about his basketball career, but few people would deny that Yao is a genuinely loyal and classy guy who would want to do right by the Rockets.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yao is one of the few guys in the league who would probably agree to this and quite honestly it makes sense. You know he didn't blow his money ala Antoine Walker and I would bet he actually feels a bit guilty taking all of that money and not being able to play.

18. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

If the Rockets do sign Yao, then (in my opinion), I think the franchise isn't serious about winning. Knowing the precedent, how can you honestly sign him?

19. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. You think YOFs will be so glad to see Yao play in Houston with no realistic chance to be a contender unless Yao himself becomse fully healthy again?

Win-win situation for everyone except Les, I'd say.

20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

if we can get a decent center or a young prospect, i don't care we let yao walk away, but if not, we better sign him to 2-3 mil year.

at least we can have yao teach our bigs, our bigs all need some guide, but if Deke are willing to come back, i would want him to coach these young guys...